Stand-alone Home Ice Make Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand-alone Home Ice Make Question

Does anyone have a stand-alone ice maker in there garage that they are happy with? Maybe one that makes something similar to the Sonic ice. We are building a new house and looking for something that isn't real expensive. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by kbearden View Post
    Does anyone have a stand-alone ice maker in there garage that they are happy with? Maybe one that makes something similar to the Sonic ice. We are building a new house and looking for something that isn't real expensive. Thanks in advance.
    Tagged, my wife wants the same thing but I don't think the not real expensive part is going to be achievable.

Comment

I have a Hoshizaki that I’ve been happy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't have one, but when I built and bought appliances I had an ice maker installed in the garage fridge AND deep freezer. I've never ran out of ice in the house since, and always have enough for a small cooler or enough to keep a big cooler cold till I can get to Bucees.

Comment

We have the GE profile opal/ countertop nugget ice maker and it makes sonic ice. My wife love it.

Comment

Unfortunately there's nothing cheap about sonic ice.

As mentioned Hoshizaki's are what most sonics use, but the smallest cheapest unit is roughly $2500.00, but should be cleaned/maint. at least once a year. Hoshizaki are a good unit with good warranty.

This compact undercounter Cubelet Icemaker is the perfect addition to any hotel suite, office breakroom, or kitchen. The C-80BAJ-AD is capable of producing approximately 80 lbs of Cubelet style ice cubes per day, and the built-in storage bin will hold up to 22 lbs* of ice at a time. The Undercounter design is less than

Comment

I have had 2 that made sonic is and in my opinion they are a lot more maintenance and expensive to repair. My next will be a half cube.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK750 View Post
                We have the GE profile opal/ countertop nugget ice maker and it makes sonic ice. My wife love it.
                We just got one of those, wife does love it. I would not call it inexpensive (in my mind anyway)

Comment

RWB isn't wrong, once outta warranty if the gear motor goes out it's going to be 3/4 cost of a new machine to repair.

Also half dice are cheaper up front.

Comment

Have a U-Line built into the cabinets in our bar, can't say for longevity but so far so good.

Comment

I have a Hoshizaki since 2013 and love it. Never had a problem with it but it is expensive. I believe with the bin it was over 5k.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                        I have a Hoshizaki that I’ve been happy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        I have this brand that has ice and water.

Comment

Scottsmans are a little cheaper. You will probably hear a some negative things about them from some folks that had some older models but they have fixed all the bugs now.

Comment

Keep water filters changed and machine cleaned ,whatever you buy. Ice machines work better the more they are used.

Comment

I have a Hoshizaki since 2013 and love it. Never had a problem with it but it is expensive. I believe with the bin it was over 5k.
                              A place in Leakey had one of those sitting on the porch of the main office. Got wet with a norther, cold and yet they never had a problem. It lasted 12 years lol. I'm seriously thinking about getting one.

Comment

Working...
                              X