Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Grndchecker!

Comment

I didn’t get to make my own this year, but I did find a place that shipped me 6 jars. You just can’t beat Mayhaw jelly with some fresh out of the oven homemade biscuits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Henways love them

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Nice work Grndchecker!
          So I've created a jelly making monster. I was the one who mentioned wanting to pick Mayhaws to my wife. Since making all the jars of Mayhaw jelly, she has gone crazy!
          She has made Pineapple Habanero, which is excellent poured over cream cheese.
          Strawberry
          Strawberry Mango
          Raspberry jalapeno
          And 42 jars of Dewberry this week.
          She tried her hand at making pickles from the cucumbers from our garden, but the recipe she followed made them have a strong vinegar taste.

On a side note, I don't eat much jelly. Before she started making all of those, the only jars of jelly we had were ones given to us. She said I better start since all total she has made a little over 100 jars!

Comment

With not much else to do today due to the weather I decided to mix it up a little and make some mayhaw jalapeño jelly. I have to say it turned out awesome!

Comment

I like homemade jelly of all kinds, everybody down here likes breakfast tacos, but I prefer a biscuit and jelly. If any of ya'll went all out and made to much jelly, I'd gladly pay to buy several jars plus shipping. That stuff looks great

Comment

Idk where to buy them. But if anyone is looking for jelly, there’s a jelly store in Jefferson tx that has it.

Comment

AC did you find anywhere to buy them last year?

Comment

The freeze killed every bloom on most trees. We have 1 late bloomer that has berries. I had a stash saved and made a batch last night.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      AC did you find anywhere to buy them last year?

No sir. I was hoping to pick em this year, but the freeze got them.

Comment

I’ve never heard of them, they look like what we call crabapples though, are these sweet ot tart ?

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          I’ve never heard of them, they look like what we call crabapples though, are these sweet ot tart ?
                          Sweet. And in my opinion they make the best jelly you’ll ever eat in your life.

Comment

I was at my lease yesterday and the freeze got all the trees there, too. Maybe next year. Dewberries are doing well at my house, so I will be picking them when they’re ripe.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              Sweet. And in my opinion they make the best jelly you’ll ever eat in your life.

The berries are not sweet at all!

Once you add sugar and surejel they get sweet. Best jelly ever!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                The berries are not sweet at all!

Once you add sugar and surejel they get sweet. Best jelly ever!
                                Are you for real? Honestly I’ve never eaten one but never would’ve imagined something that good wouldn’t be sweet.

Guess I learned something new today.

Comment

Working...
                                X