HWY 36 and pigs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWY 36 and pigs!

I traveled from Rogers up Hwy 36 towards Abilene and on our way yesterday morning I spotted 5 groups of dead pigs in the bar ditches between Gatesville and Cross Plains. These were not road kills that I could see as there were no bloody spots on the road and none of the pigs looked like they had road rash. and were in piles. I only saw on single that was dead and it was the last one we saw. Out of the 5 groups that were scattered along and in that distance between the towns there were probably 10 to 15 total pigs.

Anyone else see this or know anything about these pigs. Looked like they were dumped by someone.

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    I traveled from Rogers up Hwy 36 towards Abilene and on our way yesterday morning I spotted 5 groups of dead pigs in the bar ditches between Gatesville and Cross Plains. These were not road kills that I could see as there were no bloody spots on the road and none of the pigs looked like they had road rash. and were in piles. I only saw on single that was dead and it was the last one we saw. Out of the 5 groups that were scattered along and in that distance between the towns there were probably 10 to 15 total pigs.

Anyone else see this or know anything about these pigs. Looked like they were dumped by someone.
    Noticed the same thing on our way to and from Red River snow ski trip. All but that single looked dumped. And no small ones either, all were good sized hogs.

Rwc

Rwc

Comment

I see it all the time on the FM roads. Seems like a lot of work to load them up just to dump them. My guess is shooting them off of wheat fields and having to get them out of the fields, and then just finding a spot to get rid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
        Noticed the same thing on our way to and from Red River snow ski trip. All but that single looked dumped. And no small ones either, all were good sized hogs.

Rwc

Rwc
        Yes they were good size pigs.

Comment

Working...
        X