X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Texas giant! No protein or messing with their genetics. Awesome deer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

You guys are killin me. We watched birds most of last week and the switch got turn on. Jealous, but proud of my green screen brothers.

Comment

That will work! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
          You guys are killin me. We watched birds most of last week and the switch got turn on. Jealous, but proud of my green screen brothers.
          I think there is gonna be some good deer lad down this week. You could tell by the sign the bucks were ready to blow up, it just got so dang warm they weren't moving until very last light or dark. The smoke pole and long wide open views def make a difference as well.Your chances go up a ton when you can see 800 yrds of road corn compared to 30yrd.

Good luck guys!

Comment

That's great buck, Congrats! I know the feeling, guess how i know Lol!

Comment

Well another good one came in this morning. Don’t know anything about it but 153 gross, 146 net. Big bodied deer. Photo on FB.

Well with the wind and sun angle just changed up my plan. I’m going to sit in a different tower stand which none of us have hunted yet. Not on a sendero but back in the woods with 5 lanes going out. Max shot distance is maybe 120 yds. We corned it yesterday and pigs really worked it over. We will see how it goes.

Couple guys in my group moved as well so will keep u updated. We all saw a lot more activity last evening compared to this morning. Sun is tough though. I need some sunscreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another buck was just posted by the Chap 153”

Comment

Easy to under judge them when you are not used to seeing bucks close to 200 lbs. did any of the others in your group see anything this morning?

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                    Another buck was just posted by the Chap 153”

Nice 9 pt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      I think there is gonna be some good deer lad down this week. You could tell by the sign the bucks were ready to blow up, it just got so dang warm they weren't moving until very last light or dark. The smoke pole and long wide open views def make a difference as well.Your chances go up a ton when you can see 800 yrds of road corn compared to 30yrd.

Good luck guys!

Kactus I totally agree. Was Drawn for the archery hunt here 2 years ago and it’s a way different ballgame with a gun in my hands. Impressive when someone arrows a big one down here.

Weather is much better this week too but bucks still aren’t showing a lot of interests in the does. Maybe a passing sniff but definitely no running or chasing. And multiple bucks out feeding near each other at the same time and just ignoring each other.

Just talked to one of the guys who drew standby. They shot a 6 point mgmt buck last night. He couldn’t believe his luck on being drawn because his kid drew the buck gun hunt in two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                        Easy to under judge them when you are not used to seeing bucks close to 200 lbs. did any of the others in your group see anything this morning?

All are seeing deer and some decent ones. MikeJ is after a good 10 point which never would completely clear and give him a good shot last night. He’s back in that same stand this evening.

Comment

Looks like the fella with 30 loyalty points got him a buck. Hope I don’t have to wait that long, lol! I’m at 16.

Comment

Shadows starting to creep across the area. First deer (a little spike) just showed up. Hoping another person in our group knocks one down tonight.

Comment

Not the best cell phone pic but a decent 8 pointer just showed up. I was trying to make him 7 points or less but couldn’t do it.

Comment

650y of empty over here...

Comment

Working...
                                X