No announcement yet.

Chaparral 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone got a pretty nice 10! That's all that's been turned in so far.

I had a doe pass through out of range and then 3 javelinas out of range as well. That's it so far.

The positive is that the doe and javelinas were after I switched spots. We'll see what tomorrow has in store.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
      Someone got a pretty nice 10! That's all that's been turned in so far.

I had a doe pass through out of range and then 3 javelinas out of range as well. That's it so far.

The positive is that the doe and javelinas were after I switched spots. We'll see what tomorrow has in store.
      Any pics of the 10?

Comment

good luck
        any idea if they lock gates for the primitive camp after hours? i dont remember them doing it but its been years since ive been. i have someone covering the last 4 hours of my shift and should be leaving college station around 9pm monday. would like to drive straight there if possible

Comment

The gates are not locked during hunts. Least not that I have ever seen. They normally unlock them the afternoon before the hunt starts.

Comment

I didn't get a pic.

How do I load pics on here anyways? Someone else checked in a stud 9pt after I left last night. Serious mass. That's the only 2 animals harvested as of check in this morning.

Comment

Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                I didn't get a pic.

How do I load pics on here anyways? Someone else checked in a stud 9pt after I left last night. Serious mass. That's the only 2 animals harvested as of check in this morning.
                Shoot me the pics in email, if you can, and I will load them for you

fargus_439@yahoo.com
                Last edited by Fargus; 12-05-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Email sent

Comment

Posting for Yak:

Heavy 9 killed last night by another hunter on the Chap.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Couple more pics provided by Yak. So there have been 3 good bucks put in the cooler so far.

The 10 was killed yesterday.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I've been drawn for the Dec. 10-13 archery hunt at the Chap. Need help picking a compartment. People who have hunted there, in your experience what area is your favorite and why. Thanks!!

Comment

Raining Bucks at the Chap

Couple more bucks killed. One was shot the first day, but not recovered until yesterday after the coyotes and buzzards had their way with it. Pics courtesy of Yak
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyhuntsit View Post
                            I've been drawn for the Dec. 10-13 archery hunt at the Chap. Need help picking a compartment. People who have hunted there, in your experience what area is your favorite and why. Thanks!!
                            Heard the Henway pasture is pretty good. I've never been there so it is secondhand info.

Comment

Finally able to check in. I have seen good bucks every day. Just nothing in bow range and weather is killing us. I got a couple of studs on camera and during shooting light but I was always somewhere else. Had a 10 point 20 yards out couple evenings ago but his tines were short and I was waiting to hunt this huge 10 on the next morning, which he never showed. Nothing coming to the horns either. I am in the north Jay pasture, north west part on east side. Also, haven’t seen the first doe.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                Finally able to check in. I have seen good bucks every day. Just nothing in bow range and weather is killing us. I got a couple of studs on camera and during shooting light but I was always somewhere else. Had a 10 point 20 yards out couple evenings ago but his tines were short and I was waiting to hunt this huge 10 on the next morning, which he never showed. Nothing coming to the horns either. I am in the north Jay pasture, north west part on east side. Also, haven’t seen the first doe.
                                Good luck on getting that 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X