Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well you see it and don't expect it to happen to you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you see it and don't expect it to happen to you.

We have been on our lease for 7 years. We are paying our money to the ranch Manager for this year as April Turkey is coming up upon us. Get a message the owner calls the manager, and he tells him that he is not renewing our lease this coming year. His kids are wanting a place to hunt. Says we have until the fall to get stuff off and his kids would be interested in buy some of our set ups from us.

Well shoot here we go again. Looking for a Lease for 6 family oriented guns. The hunting lose is not the worst it is the people that you will loose that you only see at the lease. You all know the Deer Lease Family. OH well the search begins.

Good luck with your search

Comment

In a year or two the kids will have it shot out and littered with beer bottles. Nothing but a few cull bucks, does, and spikes. See if you can leave your phone number with the owner, just in case they want to get it right again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
        In a year or two the kids will have it shot out and littered with beer bottles. Nothing but a few cull bucks, does, and spikes. See if you can leave your phone number with the owner, just in case they want to get it right again.
        You know the owners fam?

Comment

That sucks, and it's always a fear of mine. My hunting lease has been in my family for 50 years. I can't imagine losing it.

Comment

Sucks

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
              You know the owners fam?
              sort of what I was thinking...

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  That sucks, and it's always a fear of mine. My hunting lease has been in my family for 50 years. I can't imagine losing it.
                  Yea that would be a lick!!!!!!!!

Good luck OP.. I have a feeling this is in the cards for us in the next few years or so, after 20 years....... Our LO went up to a ridiculous amount per person on us this year.. I assume he has been offered more.. It comes a point were its just to hard to justify..

Comment

In feel your pain brother. Was informed yesterday as well.
                    Good luck to you.

Comment

Good luck sir.

Comment

The last paragraph lost me but i imagine it’s hard typing through the tears! Sorry to hear and good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                          You know the owners fam?
                          I don't know the owner's family or kids, but I've seen this scenario time and again.

A group of hunters manage a mediocre deer lease to the best of their ability, and the herd grows in size and quality from where it was when they first took it over. Family & kids see what great deer are on the lease now, and convince the owner to let them hunt it. Family shoots every quality deer on the property. All there is left are cull bucks to breed and the doe count rises. The foraging gets scarce and even more bucks die off. Now all the family has to shoot is the cull bucks and their yearlings & 2 1/2 year olds.

Then the family kids get tired of not seeing any bucks and stop hunting. Then the old hunters are contacted to see if they're interested in hunting it again at a notably higher cost for lesser quality deer than they left there with.

I apologize if this isn't the way it is here. But that's what it sounded like to me. I bet I'm not the only one to have seen this either.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts. I do not know the family and really think there is more to it. My last paragraph was trying to state it is not just the hunting that will be missed but it is my Deer Lease Family since we have been together for so long they are all like family and we all live far enough away we dont see each other till hunting seasons.

You are right Wampuscat we have put a lot of time and protein into this place always leaving it better than when we got there. The kids and friend will do just that shoot it up lose interest and try to find someone else not realizing this stuff does not just happen there is work involved.

Comment

It's BS. Landowners kids want to come and reap the rewards that you and other lease members worked hard to build up the lease. Don't make it easy for them by sellin your stands feeders and other stuff. They waited till it was built up and now tey want to buy yalls equipment to start right off. Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. Hope you find anther lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X