Favorite Bow and Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Bow and Why

I searched but did not see a thread like this here, so tell us what your favorite bow is: brand, length, draw weight, and what you like about it.

I'll start

My favorite is my Ferguson Hunter Elite longbow built by Byron himself. It is the only custom bow I have ever had built. 64" 55# @29. Light in the hand, smooth, cast well, and it is the quietest bow I have not heard. It is also very dead in the hand after the shot. And it is pretty too.

There you go, who's next ?

Sarrels Blueridge takedown longbow!

Because it just fits me, and I shoot it as well or better than any other bow I have ever held.

Bisch

Comment

Acadian Woods 3-Piece Tree Stick. Pretty and deadly.

Comment

Pronghorn takedown. I bought it about 1o years ago from the police chief of Casper, Wyoming. It just fits me perfect. I've shot nothing else since I got it. It is 63# and is 60" long not that it matters. I've owned long bows from 58" to 66" and never had any problems with the length on any of them. I got the bow at 9:00 in the morning and had a doe on the ground with it at 5:00 that evening. I tried it with 5 different aluminum arrows and it shot them all well so I just went with the ones I had the most of.

I just bought another one from him as he is retired and in bad health and couldn't handle the weight any more. I can hardly wait for it to get here. The one I have is the bare bones model. The one I just bought is supposed to be the fancy model but I've never seen it so can't tell you for sure.

Comment

Diamond Black Ice...still can't find a new bow that I like more! Until then I will keep shooting the old girl!

Comment

Black Widow PSR V ironwood model it's 56 inches long and 43#@27" it's great out of tree stands and blinds and I do well at 3d shoots with it.

Comment

My favorite is a 2 piece Longhorn longbow, 66", 57#@ 28 made for me by Jeff Massie. Smooth shooting and fast. But, the bow I've been shooting the last 7 years is an A&H ACS 3 piece longbow, 62", 55@28. It is very fast, shoots smooth for me and the grip fits me perfectly.

Comment

Hard for me to pick one. I hunted exclusively this season with my 55# Bob Lee "Heavyweight" recurve and I really love that bow. However, I picked up my 50# Sarrels Blueridge the other day for the first time in several months - it is so light and fast and quiet - I love it too! I guess my favorite is whichever I have in my hand at the time. (how's that for a non-answer answer?)

Comment

Prior to a week ago I would have said my Jenkins one piece. It's 49 @ 27 and 58" amo. Lightweight and easy on the eyes. I have shot heavier draw weight bows that don't seem to perform anything like it. A week ago I got a Supermag. Right now it seems to hit where I look really well. Can't say it is a fast bow or even feels the best, but it sure does shoot well.

Comment

Been shooting Trails End by Dale Dye since 88 all are TD's 62" 65@28 like the long riser (21") & the grip which is larger than most. Respectable speed, quiet & very forgiving

Comment

I have shot a bunch of trad bows over the last 4.5 years and I never ran across one that I did not like, although I liked some more than others. The only bows that I don't like are the heavy ones.

I have been pretty much shooting a Black Widow Longbow the last few years. The Widow Longbows are just easy for me to shoot and they are tough as nails. I have the take-down model which is handy as pockets on a shirt. Oh ya, the customer service is second to none.

Comment

too many to Choose from, Hunted this year mostly with a Bear Kodiak A handle with #1 limbs or a '59 Kodiak or a '71 Super Kodiak

Comment

I have a bunch of bows, longbows and recurves, and shoot all of them. But if I was gonna be stranded on a deserted island I would take my Fred Asbell era Big Horn recurve 62" 50# at 28. It is quiet and very forgiving.

Comment

Black Widow PGA 60" 42@28

Comment

The selfbow I made.

Comment

Working...
                              X