>>>>> Farm / Ranch kittens and cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>>>>> Farm / Ranch kittens and cat

On Easter Sunday my neighbor was shot in the back and killed. It broke my heart because he was a good and decent man. He loved his cats. He had a tassel of cats that lived outside, across the road on my lease. He fed them and simply loved watching them.

Since he died, no one has taken care of the cats and actually none of us want them. While they have been surviving, they are definitely loosing weight. The female is a very pretty tri colored calico and she has 4 kittens now that resemble the tom cat. He is white and bobtailed. I haven't seen him in a while but the kittens and momma cat are under my other neighbors' porch. Her daughter is phobic scared of cats - like some people are of snakes.

I am going to trap these cats this week. PLEASE someone take them. We do not have an animal shelter and if no one takes them I will be forced to dispatch them.

One of the kittens is a bobtail, the rest all have tails. They are white with grey ears and they look to be about 4-5 weeks old. I started putting out dry food for them and the momma cat comes when I call and put it out. She will get within a few feet of me and I'm sure she will warm up to me soon. The kittens are learning from her, so they should be good soon, too.

We are in Milam county - Hearne is the closest town although Cameron is reachable and I'm in Bryan / College Station all of the time.

I have extra cat kennels for TBH express transports, too.

Last edited by Dusty Britches; 05-16-2022, 08:47 AM.

Aww man. Sorry to hear about your neighbor. How horrible.

Dad's last barn cat is on its last leg but I don't think he's ready for more just yet. Good luck rehoming the cats.

Comment

Good on you for helping the cats, Dusty!

Comment

Let me talk to the wife. She's been wanting some "free ranging" cats for our place in Centerville.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

That female is a great mouser and snake killer. She is also somewhat friendly. She just doesn't know me yet. Cleo really liked her the most.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your neighbor. Hope all has been resolved.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Sorry to hear about your neighbor. Hope all has been resolved.

Well, the shooter has been charged with murder or manslaughter or something along those lines. He turned himself in.

Comment

Good on ya Dusty..
                  Those Calicos, are natural born killers..
                  I had one for many years..
                  Nothing in my yard, was safe. Up to, and including opossums, skunks(whew)
                  armadillos, snakes.... etc...

Comment

I'll take a few, pm sent

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

So the new plan is not to trap them but sensitize them to us so we can easily hold them. I'm not exactly sure how many are still available, but the males are all spoken for. Waffles, who I will finally get to meet, will take a few also. So until we find out how many of each sex we have, I'm thinking they may all have new homes in a few weeks but we may have 1 or 2 females.

Comment

What we thought was a Tom cat is actually a small female and she has one blue eye and one brown eye. Weirdest thing i've ever seen. oh, and I think she's pregnant.

Comment

Wish i needed some. Sad story!

Comment

The one cat that I originally thought was a Tom looks like a pregnant female and she is young, so possibly first litter. She has one brown eye and one blue eye and is a bob tail.

I'm hoping to catch her soon. I left my neighbor in charge of tossing out a few handfuls of food while I was gone. She fed them very well and they were not at all interested in food when I went feed last night. I told her to stop feeding them.

Comment

Just curious, but why would you have to kill them? They are cats. They can fend for themselves and if nature runs its course, then so be it. I just dont understand the reasoning behind killing them for no reason. Not trying to jump on you, rather trying to understand the justification.

Comment

Working...
                              X