Best Cheapest Cellular Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Cheapest Cellular Plans

I'm with AT&T now and I have the old True Unlimited Data Plan where I can sit and watch several sports events and movies without capping or slowing, but I'm also paying too much, but I have reception out in the country where most people don't, so we're wanting to stay with companies with the best coverage...

Wife and I have narrowed our options down to Visible (owned by Verizon) and Cricket (owned by AT&T)

Just wondering if anyone here has dealt/used both and which ones you preferred more.

Danke Schoen!

Haven't used both, but have had Cricket for 15+ yrs. Liked them a lot until they were acquired by ATT and went on their network. For us, cell service/signal isn't as good as it used to be in the areas we spend most our time (in and around San Antonio) and customer service is worse than before. Been thinking about switching providers just haven't pulled the trigger.

Comment

Cricket was the best for us. 4 lines for $100 per month. Unlimited everything. Plus we bought a mobile hotspot for $55 per month with 100G of data. We can connect up to 14 lines to the mobile hotspot. We use the mobile hotspot on the RV to watch movies and use our laptops, tablets and the visitors can use it too. We have never come close to using all 100G of data. All for $155 per month.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tracfone, and Samsung phones that use this service.
        We have good coverage and no issues, for several years now. Except when we change to new phones, in that case its best just to call them and let them xfr everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          Tracfone, and Samsung phones that use this service.
          We have good coverage and no issues, for several years now. Except when we change to new phones, in that case its best just to call them and let them xfr everything.
          which one of the mentioned carriers are you using with your Tracfone and Samsung phones?

Comment

Don't go to Verizon. At&t is your best reliable provider.

Comment

We switched from ATT (postpaid, was with them for more than a decade) to USMobile, which is a Verizon MVNO like Visible. They have pooled plans where you can select the amount of data you need monthly. Speeds are fast, particularly if you are in a 5G area. Plans are month-to-month, no contracts. Best bet before you switch is to get a SIM card trial and see if you have a good signal with their service. They send you a SIM, swap it in your phone and you can try it for a couple of days for just a couple of bucks. If you decide that it is good, that SIM can be activated and port your current number in. We did this, my son actually switched first and all seemed good, so we then tried it out and then switched. [If you want to try USMobile I have a referral code that will save a few bucks on your first month.]

Comment

Im less than 2 months into switching to verizon from tmobile and hate it. Less 5G even in populated DFW areas and they overcharged me $600 between my first 2 bills and I cant get a return call from CS. 100% would recommend staying with ATT, Im trying to see how much it will cost me now to switch.

Comment

I tried verizon, t-mobile amd that is why I switched to Cricket. They use the same towers as ATT and the reception is the same as ATT at half the cost.

Comment

so far Cricket is winning. keep the recommendations coming... Thanks fellas!

Comment

Cricket for many years. Same towers as AT&T. Was leary at first but no complaints so far.

Comment

I’ve had Verizon for about 25 years now. I’m paying $120 a month with unlimited data. I want something cheaper. Following this thread. AT&T doesn’t have good signal where I need it

Comment

With Cricket there is no contract so you can try them for a month or so. If you don't like them you can always get out unlike the other providers that lock you in for 2 years.

Last edited by RGV Hunter; 04-27-2022, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Cricket, 3 lines unlimited and 118 a month

Comment

Visible looks like a heck of a deal. I never heard of them before but I’m seeing unlimited data, talk, text, and hotspot for $25 per month.
                              Last edited by AntlerCollector; 04-27-2022, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X