Chili with beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    just catching up from the weekend...i laughed out loud here.

BoB, is chili a summer meal? is there a temp we hit that knocks chili off the menu? i will eat some chili any day of the year, but heard a guy the other day saying he only eats it when it cold outside....probably eating it without beans.
    No such thing as cold weather food and warm weather food. I eat what I want when I want.

Keep rockin on BoB!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      No such thing as cold weather food and warm weather food. I eat what I want when I want.

Keep rockin on BoB!!!!!
      Agreed. Had chile con carne on my enchiladas yesterday. Beans were a side dish alongside rice. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
        How do you make it thru life without getting your teeth kicked in?
        A yellow vette never shows up in the parking lot. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Agreed. Had chile con carne on my enchiladas yesterday. Beans were a side dish alongside rice. Lol.

Back during Freezageddon, I grilled burgers out in the snow. Also had a chef salad one day. I'm known to crank out a pot of chili in 100+ weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

Keep rockin on BoB!!!!!
            I’d sure like some homemade chili after all this nice cool rain fell.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              A yellow vette never shows up in the parking lot. Lol.

That made me lol.

Comment

This post reminds me Bert Reynolds is dead and hunting season s months away
                Kinda sad

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                  Took this pic today at the San Jacinto monument gift shop....notice the beans...listed on a chili recipe.....printed and sold at the place where texas as we know it came to be..
                  We use that for profiling. Notice it also has oregano and tomato sauce in it.

Comment

I like turtles

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      I like turtles
                      Turtle soup is good too!

Comment

This thread is like the Energizer bunny....

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                          Is it finally settled? And on a side note, if I decide to put smoked axis back strap in my gumbo, is it no longer gumbo?
                          The beauty of gumbo is that you can put pretty much whatever you want in it, as long as you have a roux and the holy trinity in it. Real chili has some pretty specific ingredients (and lack there of).

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
                            We use that for profiling. Notice it also has oregano and tomato sauce in it.
                            yup. whoever made that recipe isn't making Texas chili. Oughta rename it Yankee Chili.

Comment

My brother-in-law is a yankee. We made him some Texas chili the last time he was down and he loved it. He's a good cook, so when he offered to return the favor the last time we headed Northeast to visit I was curious to see what his chili would look like. He was cooking for a decent crowd, so he started with 3 or 4 lbs of meat. That's when I noticed the beans and tomatoes. He put in two cans of kidney beans, two cans of black beans, two cans of pinto beans, and two cans of great northerns. Then he cut up two tomatoes and added them in. I walked outside and ordered a pizza, and his feelings were a little hurt when it showed up before his chili was ready. I told him I was sorry, but he'd offered to cook chili and then made the beaniest bean soup I'd ever seen. I don't like beans in my chili, but I'll either deal with them or pick them out in normal circumstances. It's impossible to do that when beans make up 70% of the dish.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                This thread is like the Energizer bunny....
                                What are we supposed to do.....work?

Comment

Working...
                                X