No announcement yet.

Famous Relatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When he was alive my cousin was kind of famous Chef Paul Prudhomme. For the record, he did not put beans in his chili.

Comment

I'm related to Huge Hefner - Pretty sure he didn't take beans in his chili or wouldn't have all those hotties so close all the time.

Comment

I’ve had several relatives show up on Montgomery county police reporter page. Does that count???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My dads grandfather met General Custer and Sitting Bull and later moved to houston and bought what is now airline and 45 to start a dairy farm.

I dont know about beans and their chili but I wish we still owned that dirt

Comment

My step mom's brother is Eddie Hill if your a drag racing fan. Very cool fellar. Not sure how he likes his chili tho. He does like brandy and going fast tho! Got a good friend that was a pitcher for the rangers back when....we eat fish when we hang out tho.

I do know...if somebody calls me up and says come eat, we're having chili with beans or not....or beans with chili in it....or soup........Imona head that way not givachit!lol

Comment

I forget how many greats ago, but my great, great....grandmother was the designer of the first Texas flag.

Sarah B. Dodson

Comment

Spitfire Chili
                Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Is this a thread about famous relatives or chili?….or gimmicky restaurants who have chili with beans? Lots of directions for this one.

To see if anyone's heard of my cousins chili.

But humorous however it goes.

Comment

George Childress is a distant relative on my grandmothers side. He is credited with being the primary Author of the Texas Declaration of Independence. His statue can be seen at Washington on the Brazos. He didn’t eat beans in his chili but never thought he’d have to include a clause in the declaration, but who could foresee so many carpetbaggers moving in.

Comment

I used to have a hunting show on TV does that count. Doesn’t amount to a pile of beans in chili to me anymore though. A bunch of wasted years honestly

Comment

John Wesley Hardin was my great uncle (famous gun fighter). Maybe more than one great in there, my great grandmothers uncle anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                        When he was alive my cousin was kind of famous Chef Paul Prudhomme. For the record, he did not put beans in his chili.
                        I've got some of Paul Prudhommes books on my booksheld!

quintessential cajun cookin knowledge right there!

Comment

I have the same cousin

Comment

I can only assume my relatives just mention me...
                            Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-11-2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

supposedly have bloodlines back to Henry VIII. I've never seen the lineage, but my grandmother has a very rare disease that he also had, so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                                We may be related

Comment

Working...
                                X