X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
    They just signed a 5 year extension.

https://www.kxan.com/sports/f1-austi...-through-2026/
    Yep!!!! [emoji106] COTA had the largest attendance globally last year in F1 history. Everyday SOLDOUT....talk about a fantastic crowd! [emoji12] The extension not a surprise at all. Miami is next month and it sold out in 1 day[emoji2962]. The announcement of Vegas was just a waiting game after COTA and Miami blew the socks off with huge North American interest. The Canadian race is back also this year, trying to bribe the wife on that one.....lol. [emoji1787] If we have fun in Miami next month I am thinking she will be all for it.[emoji6] 5 races in North America [emoji289] is awesomeness as the money is pouring into the sport.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's RACE WEEK!!!

Melbourne, Australia

The race starts at midnight our time (Saturday). When I was younger, I would stay up and watch it. Planning on recording it and watching it in the morning.

Comment

It's RACE WEEK!!!

Melbourne, Australia

The race starts at midnight our time (Saturday). When I was younger, I would stay up and watch it. Planning on recording it and watching it in the morning.
        Yessir!!!!!![emoji12]
        Perfect timing as I have an event Saturday night that will exceed my usual bedtime .....lol!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Landrover; 04-06-2022, 08:03 AM.

Comment

The Ferraris were fastest in FP1:

LeClerc was fastest in FP2, followed by Verstappen, then Sainz. The Ferrari F1-75 is defintely fast. I heard or read an interview with Binotto this past week, and he made the comment that he's not sure exactly when during this season they will "turn the engines up." So they're not even using all the power right now?!?! Holy crap!

Comment

Tough break for Perez last week - He keeps this up and those breaks will start falling his way.

Was worried that DR would overshadow Lando on McLaren, but if he doesn't pick it up, he may be on the outs. Not sure about his contract situation.

Comment

Hoping to see Ferrari on the podium again this Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                Tough break for Perez last week - He keeps this up and those breaks will start falling his way.

Was worried that DR would overshadow Lando on McLaren, but if he doesn't pick it up, he may be on the outs. Not sure about his contract situation.
                I've never been a huge fan of Checo until last year. I'm definitely pulling for him now. And I agree with you, it will start falling his way. I think he's a great teammate for Max.

Danny Ric..... Always been a big fan. I've heard arguments that his driving ability is overrated, etc. I disagree -- in the past, maybe he wasn't quite as fast as Vettel (while both were at Red Bull), but he wasn't too far off. I know he had that win last year for McLaren, but he does seem to be struggling overall with the McLaren.

He is under contract with McLaren until the end of 2023. I hope he gets more consistent with Lando's performance very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                  Hoping to see Ferrari on the podium again this Sunday!

I was never a Ferrari fan until Schumacher raced with them. I've hated to see them struggle the last several years, so I'm enjoying seeing red leading the field.

During FP2, they did a helmet cam shot from Sainz. The car started porpoising pretty bad and it seemed pretty violent the way it shook him up/down.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzHjWxsxyog"]Carlos Sainz Helmet Cam | Porpoising | Ferrari | Australian GP 2022 - YouTube[/ame]
                  Last edited by F1addict; 04-08-2022, 04:16 PM. Reason: How do I embed a YouTube video in my post?

Comment

A lot of action in Qualifying! LeClerc ends up with Pole Position, with Verstappen and Perez right behind him.

Norris and Ricciardo both make it all the way to Q3!! They both have seemed to find some pace in their cars.

Q1 saw Latifi and Stroll collide, which caused a red flag until all the debris was cleaned. It was confusing for me, because Latifi let Stroll through, thinking he was on a fast lap. Then Latifi started speeding up for his fast lap, catching Stroll pretty quick. So Latifi goes for the inside on the right, since the racing line Stroll should have followed was much further to the left. As Latifi is passing, Stroll moves over on him and they collide. I think it was miscommunication from the teams -- Stroll should have been warned that Latifi was coming up, just as Latifi moved over for Stroll as he passed.

Alonso was really quick throughout Q1 and Q2, but lost hydraulics in Q3 and crashed out.

Sainz struggled with his Ferrari, as did Hamilton and Russell in their Mercedes.

Both the Ferrari and Mercedes are porpoising a lot. The difference is when they hit the brakes to change direction / take a turn -- the Ferrari is very solid, as if the porpoising doesn't affect it changing direction. Where as the Mercedes isn't as solid in the same scenario.

It was after either Q1 or Q2 where Hamilton said that he would put in a lap that felt really good, only to look at his time, and he's 1.5 seconds off the pace.

Should be a great race tomorrow. Can't wait to see the battle between Ferrari and Red Bull, and see how McLaren and Mercedes fight back.

Comment

A lot of action in Qualifying! LeClerc ends up with Pole Position, with Verstappen and Perez right behind him.

Norris and Ricciardo both make it all the way to Q3!! They both have seemed to find some pace in their cars.

Q1 saw Latifi and Stroll collide, which caused a red flag until all the debris was cleaned. It was confusing for me, because Latifi let Stroll through, thinking he was on a fast lap. Then Latifi started speeding up for his fast lap, catching Stroll pretty quick. So Latifi goes for the inside on the right, since the racing line Stroll should have followed was much further to the left. As Latifi is passing, Stroll moves over on him and they collide. I think it was miscommunication from the teams -- Stroll should have been warned that Latifi was coming up, just as Latifi moved over for Stroll as he passed.

Alonso was really quick throughout Q1 and Q2, but lost hydraulics in Q3 and crashed out.

Sainz struggled with his Ferrari, as did Hamilton and Russell in their Mercedes.

Both the Ferrari and Mercedes are porpoising a lot. The difference is when they hit the brakes to change direction / take a turn -- the Ferrari is very solid, as if the porpoising doesn't affect it changing direction. Where as the Mercedes isn't as solid in the same scenario.

It was after either Q1 or Q2 where Hamilton said that he would put in a lap that felt really good, only to look at his time, and he's 1.5 seconds off the pace.

Should be a great race tomorrow. Can't wait to see the battle between Ferrari and Red Bull, and see how McLaren and Mercedes fight back.

Did Ferrari see the porpoising in the past two races? I didn’t notice it or hear it mentioned that I can recall

Comment

Yes, but it was minimal. I don't think it was nearly as pronounced in any of the cars as it is in Melbourne.

Comment

Sainz…….

Comment

Max went out quick.
                            Boring race. Mercedes needs to get its act together quickly.

Comment

LeClerc drove a brilliant race. Perez had a good finish with second. Russell and Hamilton were gifted 3rd and 4th from Sainz and Verstappen.

This is Verstappen's 2nd DNF in 3 races. All mechanical failures.

McLaren finished 5th and 6th! Lando, then Ricciardo. Great to see them with some pace again.

13th and 14th for Haas. They really seemed to have lost pace.

Comment

If you get a chance to catch a replay of the COTA Moto GP race watch it...man, those guys are fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X