No announcement yet.

For those who carry & don't keep a round in the chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only carried one in not in the chamber for about 10 minutes while I got use to carrying appendix.. lol all my guns that I carry never have the bullet taken out, they stay in the holster in the safe if I am not carrying it.

Comment

Do you have another link? It’s not working for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

weird...doesn't show on my phone but can see it on the desk top??

Comment

After all the smoke cleared the unarmed dude ran and got in the bulletproof tent.
          Last edited by Neck; 03-31-2022, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I never don't have a gun loaded. "Unloaded" guns kill people. They make me super nervous. If someone hands me a gun I check it immediately. I don't trust that. I'd rather someone hands me a gun and tell me it's loaded than to tell me it's not. I don't trust that.

Mine are always loaded so I don't have to worry about treating them as if they were. People get too complacent around "unloaded" guns.
            Last edited by okrattler; 03-31-2022, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
              Not worky for me either
              I think you have to be logged in to Twitter.

Comment

Always hot! Otherwise might as well have a rock in my hand.
                As a combat veteran I know how important it is to get the first of many rounds down range. The guy in the video had some good training. He was fast and accurate too. Both perps hit. Matt Dillion couldn't have beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                  After all the smoke cleared the unarmed dude ran and got in the bulletproof tent.
                  I was wondering what that guy was thinking.

Comment

I always have one in the chamber, but it's certainly a matter of preference. Yes, you're ready to protect yourself more quickly without having to chamber a round, but i'll still take the majority of guys in a fight who don't have a round chambered vs. someone without a gun. It literally takes a split second to jack a shell in. You may not have that split second, but it's a risk some folks are willing to take for various reasons.

Comment

In a situation where you are 1) drawing and 2) having to work the slide to load a round you are way behind the eight ball…. I won’t judge some one for doing it but I don’t understand the thinking…

If folks practice like that they will at best be slower than the person that just needs to pull the trigger. Without practice, there is a high potential to draw and pull the trigger just to realize they need to rack a round. That would obviously make them even slower…

Comment

Rewatched it and man the good guy almost blew off his own toes a few times. Stuff happens fast.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, obviously you can carry a revolver with an empty chamber and fire on the trigger pull!

Comment

If you don’t carry with a round in the chamber. By the time you get your gun out of your purse it’s going to be too late.

Comment

For the non believers: get a shot timer and check your time AND hits with a loaded chamber vs unloaded. The results may surprise you.

Comment

Originally posted by txchuck View Post
                                Well, obviously you can carry a revolver with an empty chamber and fire on the trigger pull!
                                Why would you want to? You've gone from 5 to 6 rounds down to 4 to 5, losing in round capacity. I always have a full wheel.

Comment

Working...
                                X