Reporting stolen items to the IRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reporting stolen items to the IRS

Dont forget to report everything you've stole this year. Also be sure to let them know how much you made on your drug deals. This is real folks.

An image circulating on social media purports to show an IRS guideline asking taxpayers to report the value of any property they have stolen each year as income.

Do we base it on original market value or the street market value?

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
      Dont forget to report everything you've stole this year. Also be sure to let them know how much you made on your drug deals. This is real folks.

https://www.kxan.com/news/national-n...the-same-year/
      I saw this on Fox today, Who are these people and does anybody in the room when they are talking about this just bust out in laughter and say What The F**K is wrong with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
        I saw this on Fox today, Who are these people and does anybody in the room when they are talking about this just bust out in laughter and say What The F**K is wrong with you?
        Lol. I thought it was a joke at first. We really have some stupid *** people in this country.

Comment

Maybe that's the deal they made when they decided to quit arresting people for theft. They simply said, "but you must report and pay your taxes on it." I mean at this point I wouldn't put anything past them.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

You can't fix stupid but you can laugh at it

Comment

It’s now official, we have went to hell in a hand basket ! Where’s my “I did that” sticker ?

Comment

Actually, I don't think the concept is new. It's how they were able to put Al Capone in jail. They couldn't catch him for bootlegging.

Comment

Wonder how Hunter's going to report all his deals.

Comment

[emoji2359]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                      Actually, I don't think the concept is new. It's how they were able to put Al Capone in jail. They couldn't catch him for bootlegging.
                      Exactly right. The murdering, theiving bastage went to prison for tax evasions and these guys think it is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Wonder how Hunter's going to report all his deals.
                        Hahahaha YES! Great question!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                          The concept has been around since the Supreme court decided U.S. vs Sullivan in 1927. Many criminasl have been taken down by this including Al Capone and Soviet Spy Aldrich Ames.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            Exactly right. The murdering, theiving bastage went to prison for tax evasions and these guys think it is a joke.
                            Not sure anybody thinks it’s a joke. But who the hell would be stupid enough to report it?

Comment

It took 44 years for my wife to convince me that sometimes I should keep my mouth closed. This is one of those moments I will practice what I have learned.

Comment

Working...
                              X