No announcement yet.

Pics of my pvc longbow case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very kool..I made one I was very proud of untill I tried to fit my bow in it..And reliezed I made it a inch short of fitting my Recurve inside the tube..I ate a $20 on that deal

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      That's awesome! I like hearing those kinds of stories.

I don't plan on shipping mine. Just wanted it to ride safe in the back of the truck. I figure if i put it in a bow sock and then slipped it in the tube, it should be just about bomb proof. I used spray foam at both ends for a little extra padding.
      Did you pad the inside in any way? Did you just put the sprayfoam in the end caps?

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

I made one a few weeks ago just like TxAg's thanks to this thread. I put the spray foam on each end cap like his and just spray painted it olive drab. I made a handle using some teflon straps. Still need to make one for some arrows, though. Anyway, great idea and thanks for posting!

Comment

Great Idea, running out to home depot.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
              Did you pad the inside in any way? Did you just put the sprayfoam in the end caps?
              I just sprayfoamed. It's rigid, but provides enough "give."

Comment

nice

Comment

Wonder if you can bolt the arrow pvc part to the arrow pvs part? Then just put a little tape or something so that the bolts wont hurt anything inside. Too many ideas. As soon as I get back stateside, I have a project to do. Thanks for the ideas folks.

ben

Comment

looks good, love the paint job....mine are all just plain white PVC.

Comment

Originally posted by ptlmg View Post
                      Wonder if you can bolt the arrow pvc part to the arrow pvs part? Then just put a little tape or something so that the bolts wont hurt anything inside. Too many ideas. As soon as I get back stateside, I have a project to do. Thanks for the ideas folks.

ben
                      I'd be a little scared to gouge my limb tip, but it could work pretty well like that. Another idea is industrial strength velcro.

Comment

Man I tried to make or for my blue ridge but it wont fit lol. So I just stole my case from my rock river. It will hold both of my bows very nicely

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          Man I tried to make or for my blue ridge but it wont fit lol. So I just stole my case from my rock river. It will hold both of my bows very nicely
                          JT - so the Blueridge wont fit in a piece of 4"?

Comment

Any new thoughts or store bought takedown cases being used now?

I may just buy a Plano tactical gun case that has adjustable foam inside.

Comment

These are great! I've been planning on building one myself and this helps to see what y'all have done. Thanks!

Comment

Txag. What kind of bow is that and how long

Comment

Working...
                                X