Trump and gun control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump and gun control

So what do y'all die-hard Trumpests think of the fact that he's ready to enact some new gun control legislation?

That it’s not surprising and signs were there that he wasn’t 2a friendly from the get go, but it would be much worse if Hillary was in office.

I think I nailed the talking points there

Comment

Right now, it's all talk. Doesn't mean anything will get passed. I did however, hear Trump talk about some "new" laws and did not like it one bit!!

Comment

Yeah, the quote I was talking about came from Trump not off of CNN or anything like that. Something along the lines of him and Mitch McConnell would get together and do some gun control bill.

Comment

My opinion is that the 2A is about protecting yourself from the government. It’s not about hunting or target shooting or anything else. I’ll keep everything I own locked in the safe until it’s needed. Just don’t restrict what I can own.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
            My opinion is that the 2A is about protecting yourself from the government. It’s not about hunting or target shooting or anything else. I’ll keep everything I own locked in the safe until it’s needed. Just don’t restrict what I can own.
            I will bet that is EXACTLY the intent. Make AR’s an NFA item and nationwide mag capacity limit

Comment

All bets are off, but after bumpstocks......its a slippery slope with skates on!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

That as a purist, for the 2A it infuriates me. I can't say that I'm shocked though, he wants to hush up the left, and get back to exposing their corruption

Comment

Gonna get dropped in the grease on background checks.

How/if they approach red flag laws is what's really spooky...I can see this one in particular being met with a bunch of resistance as it's already been abused. One state reported 1/3 get repealed due to false accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                    That as a purist, for the 2A it infuriates me. I can't say that I'm shocked though, he wants to hush up the left, and get back to exposing their corruption
                    If you think caving to the dems will "hush up the left", you have a short memory.

Comment

Email/call your reps. I have sent a couple emails and left messages. Not saying it will do anything but if they want to keep there jobs they best remember who they work for.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                        Email/call your reps. I have sent a couple emails and left messages. Not saying it will do anything but if they want to keep there jobs they best remember who they work for.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Already did, tried to call the White House, but it is busy

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                          If you think caving to the dems will "hush up the left", you have a short memory.

I think it did for the most part following the Las Vegas shooting (2 years ago). there's been talks here and there about bans or new legislation. Nothing really all that significant until the EP/OH shootings. Following suit: this new addition of legislation would probably keep them at bay until another major incident.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                            Already did, tried to call the White House, but it is busy
                            This one actually made me laugh out loud

Comment

He’ll put something in motion.

Republicans are always the ones putting forth more 2A restrictions.... As long as it’s not Democrat’s it’s okay...

Comment

Working...
                              X