Mystery Ranch Metcalf pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Ranch Metcalf pack

I am thinking of buying one. Does anyone have any experience with one. Any advice on the pack??
    Thanks
    Raleigh

I just got mine last week. I've put about 25 miles on it with 35 lbs and I love it so far. My last pack was an old Kelty and to say this is better is an understatement.

The pack and frame are a little on the heavy side from some of the others I tried but that just means I have to cut a little bit of gear on our Utah elk hunt this year. I do like the frame and the way the pack sits- no strain on my back or shoulders- hips and chest only.

I'm sure there are other packs with more bells and whistles but mine is really solid so far- I like the profile when it doesn't have weight, as well. Can use it as a day pack easily after we pack to basecamp.

I'll give a full review in October but I really like it so far!

Comment

High end packs are a game changer!

I'm an admitted Kifaru fanboi but Mystery Ranch makes dang good packs too. I wish their hunting line was still made in the USA :-(

You won't be disappointed in a MR though, don't worry about empty weight, that few extra pounds of pack weight will equal a LOT of comfort in carrying hunting loads and packing out an animal.

Comment

Just a pintler. Not used it yet but I like it

Comment

If I didn't have the Stone Glacier Sky, I would have a MR. They are great packs for heavy hauling. Buy it and don't worry about it. They also have really good customer service from what I hear.

Jspradley, I didn't know they stopped making packs in the USA. That's crazy and surprising. I guess that's why they are a bit cheaper price point.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. I have looked at a number of different sites and they all send to be quoting list price of $525.00. Did you find better pricing?

Comment

That's what I paid but free shipping through Scheels.

I did not know they weren't making their stuff in the US either. I used to live in Montana and like supporting MT places of business. Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                If I didn't have the Stone Glacier Sky, I would have a MR. They are great packs for heavy hauling. Buy it and don't worry about it. They also have really good customer service from what I hear.

Jspradley, I didn't know they stopped making packs in the USA. That's crazy and surprising. I guess that's why they are a bit cheaper price point.
                Yep, I haven't heard of any quality issues from their overseas manufacturing so I don't think it's a big deal personally. Their military packs are still made in USA though.

Stone Glacier makes awesome packs too!

Comment

I had a metcalf and ended up trading it for a cabinet (crew cab). I love MR frames, but the Metcalf bag wasn’t for me. I think it’s too big for day hunting, which are most of my trips. I know it will clinch down good, I just don’t like having all that extra bag back there even when it’s cinched down. I had a Longbow on the NICE frame and loved that bag. Perfect size for day trips and great pocket layout. I even did some overnight/two night trips out of it comfortably. Haven’t used this Cabinet in the field yet, but I think I’m going to like it almost as much as the Longbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check gohunt.com

Comment

I just bought a Metcalf in June from Mountain Archery on sale, but they oversold and I will be waiting over two months now to get my pack. Mystery says Mountain Archery did not order and Mountain says Mystery has not shipped, All I know is I do not have a pack yet. I was told first week of July and now I have been told it's going to be mid August. Pretty discouraged. The sale price was excellent but waiting two months was certainly unexpected. The credit card was certainly charged immediately. Wish I could tell you how well the pack works.

Comment

Got to check one out at DSI over a year ago, and I"m sold.

Comment

I have the Pintler, and have been very happy with it!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I pulled the trigger and bought one. Really looking forward to getting some elk blood all over it.

Comment

Working...
                            X