The NRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    I think as long as Democrats despise them then they are doing something right.
    That's a really low standard for doing right...

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
      That's a really low standard for doing right...
      I said "something" not everything right.

IMO like most large organizations, the NRA has corruption on the inside. They need to drain their swamp within or another group will hopefully rise up and replace them. We as gun owners desperately need a strong organization protecting our rights to keep and bear arms

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        Fine the rest of us will continue to fund the fight for your rights.
        Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

My membership is up when I die, but that said, I’m not as in love with them as I used to be. Many reasons, some of which are mentioned above.

Comment

The NRA isn't powerful because of the amount of money it pays to candidates. In comparison the Oil/Gas industry, Medical, Drug companies all way out spend, they are just diversified in doing it while the NRA numbers show up as one number.

The NRA is powerful for the same reason AARP is powerful, they have a huge membership who will single issue vote. When the NRA sends out letters saying a candidate is bad for the 2nd Amendment then they can count on votes against that candidate. In much of the country that is enough to keep candidates away from gun control legislation that the NRA deems as counter to the 2nd Amendment.

You can tell the NRA that you don't like the current leadership by not sending in your dues and still support the 2nd Endearment by calling you congress critters and telling them what you think and how you will vote in the next election. Remember, with the current gerrymandered districts it's not a challenge from across the aisle a congressman has to worry about but rather a primary challenge from within their own party.

Comment

If you own a firearm and are not an NRA member you are part of the problem.

It's not going anywhere so join up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post

Wrong...

Comment

Thanks but no thanks.

Comment

It’s the best option. It’s about the members and the numbers.
                    The lefts dream is a weak NRA.

Comment

Nope.

The NRA has a long history of making good with the politicians and selling out their members on some very large gun control measures.

I’ll support the people that actually listen to their members and fight tooth and nail for them as well as the 2nd amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There's always the Texas State Rifle Association

Comment

I’m awful deep in it to give up on them now and I’m not convinced there’s a better alternative. All ears I guess [emoji848]

Comment

Name ANY other lobbying organization that is more effective regarding it's primary focus.

Comment

Not one Pro 2A organization has the clout the NRA has in Washington.
                              Have you ever heard the left say anything about the GOA? Or the Texas Rifle Association? You have to understand there is strength in numbers.

Lets put it like this...Your wife...Do you love EVERYTHING about her? Chances are you don't. Does not mean you are not happy. So what are you gonna do? Nothing, you accept the what you don't like and move on. But where you going? Nowhere. Shes your wife.
                              The NRA...do you love EVERYTHING about them? NO... But where are you going?
                              There needs to be a concerted voice. Who screams louder? A few thousand or a few million?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                                Not one Pro 2A organization has the clout the NRA has in Washington.
                                Have you ever heard the left say anything about the GOA? Or the Texas Rifle Association? You have to understand there is strength in numbers.

Lets put it like this...Your wife...Do you love EVERYTHING about her? Chances are you don't. Does not mean you are not happy. So what are you gonna do? Nothing, you accept the what you don't like and move on. But where you going? Nowhere. Shes your wife.
                                The NRA...do you love EVERYTHING about them? NO... But where are you going?
                                There needs to be a concerted voice. Who screams louder? A few thousand or a few million?

GOA has over 1.5 million members and they don’t bend on 2A issues like the NRA does. Their numbers will only continue to go up as more gun owners get tired of the NRAs antics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X