Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have a legit conversation about crossbows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you should do what's right for you. State of Texas says crossbows are legal for bow season. Doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. I don't own one myself, but I might in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
      I think you should do what's right for you. State of Texas says crossbows are legal for bow season. Doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. I don't own one myself, but I might in the future.
      Just curious what your thoughts are when they also publish that in the only 3 Archery-only counties, they're not legal during the Archery-only season in those counties?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Well congrats Jeff!! Now OUT WITH IT!! What did you order?? Inquiring minds want to know... so's we can start the appropriate ribbin' thread!!

There's a world of good information in this thread too!
        I bought this one, TenPoint Horton with reverse limbs, uses a crank and 135 pound draw, 340fps:
        Last edited by Radar; 01-10-2020, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
          Blow dart hunting know that’s the way to go 😜
          Spear or Atlatl...Now were talking!

Do whatever YOU need to do to keep hunting. All that matters

Comment

I already got texts from some wise crackers on here about wearing high heels with my girlie bow

There is some good info on this thread and aint no one got mad and started hollering.

Comment

I got a text from Radar asking what height heels are optimal for hunting with a girly bow and I didn't poke any fun at him for it! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

You do what you need to do. Nothing wrong with hunting with a crossbow. I would let you use mine for the season but I think I might be in the same boat as you are. I go see a dr on Tuesday. There is no way I could pull back my compound bow right now. My uncle had surgery in January and still is having some problems with his. Well he says he does when it time to fill feeders.
                Good luck with your recovery and get in the woods anyway you can

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                  I got a text from Radar asking what height heels are optimal for hunting with a girly bow and I didn't poke any fun at him for it! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                  Well you know....its all gotta match.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                    Just curious what your thoughts are when they also publish that in the only 3 Archery-only counties, they're not legal during the Archery-only season in those counties?
                    Pretty simple...Don’t use a crossbow in those counties...

Comment

I see you're in Floresville ... Not too far away. Got a Few Crossbows in the Classifieds Ready - To - Go

Case, Bolts, Scope ....

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                        Pretty simple...Don’t use a crossbow in those counties...
                        Not simple...Don't you see the contradiction?

Comment

Looks like a good 'un Radar!! Make sure you have a high quality target to shoot. First time I shot mine at our target at the ranch, dang arra (bolt) went clean thru and into a tree trunk! ...was a block target that was not rated for crossbows... I got me a Reinhardt block and it works great. Your biggest problem will be tryin' to pull them little short arras out tha dang thing! A good fiber bag target would be better, but get a good 'un!

Comment

Doesn't really matter. If it isn't legal there, then obviously, don't use them there. If someone is handicapped, can they use a crossbow there?

Comment

I guess I don't. Can you spell it out for me? To me it is simple, if it's legal and you want or need to use it then what other people think is irrelevant. If it isn't legal then it can't be used there. At least I wouldn't.

Comment

You can use an air rifle in Texas now. Some states don't allow it...
                                You can smoke grass in some states, some you can't.
                                Pretty simple...Follow the law...

Comment

Working...
                                X