Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jap mini trucks

I've got questions.....
    How hard is it to work on them? Something always going wrong on them?
    I know nothing about them, but looking for a new ranch ride and I like how I could easily customize the bed. Can anybody school me on them? Thanks,Brice

I’ve heard they are gutless and have absolutely no power. Other than that I’m sure theyre fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
      I’ve heard they are gutless and have absolutely no power. Other than that I’m sure theyre fine.
      Supercharger, duh

Comment

We have one, if you are over 6' tall forget about driving it. I personally hate it and we are constantly having to fix it. Itll probable be gone before next season. It will shake the guts right out of your insides on an even semi rough road.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
          Mine will haul 54 feed buckets avg 27# ... with oversized tires 62 mph. In 4 low it will pull the wet out of water

Easy to work on, .... but they are becoming more prone to breakdowns. Had them over 10 years. This “gas” don’t do them any favors

Comment

^^^

I don't own one but the guy I know that does pretty much echos this. He's had several as he used to sell them

Comment

I love them, on my second now. I think the breakdowns can be blamed on the age. Most of the minis around are late 80's to mid 90's models, and old parts break. Same with any other 30 year old machine. Fix the worn out parts and you have a nice machine, still at a fraction of the cost of these newer side by sides. The rough ride can be made better with a little money, but will never match the sxs of today due to sitting right on top of the wheels. I can assure you when it's real cold/hot or pouring rain, you'll be glad you have it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Very little power
                Have to be 5'2" tall or less to drive
                Very little space for anything
                4 bags of corn and you are overloaded in the back making steering a task
                They were made for the oriental for a reason

Comment

??? I haul more than most 1/2 tons with mine,lol

I’m 5’9” 190 and fit plenty comfortable. But yea at the 6’ mark or 220 range it would start to cramp

Power wise though both mine would smoke the tires on pavement

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    Very little power
                    Have to be 5'2" tall or less to drive
                    Very little space for anything
                    4 bags of corn and you are overloaded in the back making steering a task
                    They were made for the oriental for a reason
                    ?

That is a Miller 225, Propane and O2 Cutting Rig, and 25 gallon sprayer full of water, all my rods, grinding tools....... And I'm 6' 200#.. Lets see you put that in your Ranger
                    Last edited by BrianL; 12-26-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      ??? I haul more than most 1/2 tons with mine,lol

I’m 5’9” 190 and fit plenty comfortable. But yea at the 6’ mark or 220 range it would start to cramp

Power wise though both mine would smoke the tires on pavement
                      Had some work done then. We had a guy on lease buy a stock one. Low gear sure it would pull it around but didnt drive good in low like most vehicles. Load the bed and the turning was a PIA in the front. He kept it about a month and went and bought another full size pickup to leave out there.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        ?

That is a Miller 225, Cutting Rig, and 25 gallon sprayer full of water, all my rods, grinding tools....... And I'm 6' 200#.. Lets see you put that in your Ranger
                        Don't doubt it would work fine on flat ground like you have there with some mods.

Comment

Only mod is 2.5" lift with ATV tires..

Comment

One of the bumpiest rides I have ever taken on a ranch. While they “look” neat.....I would never purchase one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              Only mod is 2.5" lift with ATV tires..
                              Yep thats what it looked like.

Comment

Working...
                              X