Enchanted rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enchanted rock

Who’s all going ? I hunted there before a few years back during a gun hunt this year goin for bow hunt , when does the rut start down that way ?

Rut is usually 2nd week of November.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamphunterfw View Post
      Who’s all going ? I hunted there before a few years back during a gun hunt this year goin for bow hunt , when does the rut start down that way ?
      It's assigned blinds, so your chances are as good as the guy that set them up. Good luck.

Comment

I bow hunted there 3 years ago. Bow hunt is compartment. The compartment was big, so there was two of us in the compartment. As you enter the park I hunted the front left part of the compartment not too far from the campsites. I was allowed to drive to my side of the compartment. I saw white tail and a group of axis, but did not get a shot. Great place to hunt. Friendly staff that want you to succeed. Good luck.

Comment

Hopefully we will have some luck it will be fun either way

Comment

Swamphunterfw,
            I’ll be there. Looking forward to the hunt. I’m also interested in what to expect. Never bow hunted hill country area before.

Comment

Went on the gun hunt last year. It was not a very good hunt. Blinds were every 100 yards or so. Most people did not see any deer, me included. Only had one shooting lane out the front. You cannot get out of the blind. The pop ups were not tied down too good. Big gust of kept blowing mine away and I had to basically sit on the edge of my blind. It was a week long hunt and I did not go back after Tuesday.

One guy shot 3 bambi's and I saw another guy shoot a doe. I will not be going back to hunt. They say there are exotics, but I have yet to talk to someone that has shot one or even seen one on this hunt. My father in law lives 10 minutes from there and he has yet to see any exotics as well.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                Went on the gun hunt last year. It was not a very good hunt. Blinds were every 100 yards or so. Most people did not see any deer, me included. Only had one shooting lane out the front. You cannot get out of the blind. The pop ups were not tied down too good. Big gust of kept blowing mine away and I had to basically sit on the edge of my blind. It was a week long hunt and I did not go back after Tuesday.

One guy shot 3 bambi's and I saw another guy shoot a doe. I will not be going back to hunt. They say there are exotics, but I have yet to talk to someone that has shot one or even seen one on this hunt. My father in law lives 10 minutes from there and he has yet to see any exotics as well.

That sucks I hunted it a few years back and killed a spike and saw lots of small bucks , did see some axis does that were in camp ground area my brother also went and was covered in bucks it was a doe an spike hunt only so I’m glad this time it will be a buck or doe hunt
                I’m excited I have had read bad reviews on lots of pubic hunts but I haven’t went on a bad one yet

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post

Similar experience for me. The guy running the hunt seems to have his own agenda. He's not a bad guy, just seems to do things his way. My blind was not tied down either and was sitting in the middle of an opening 20' from the road. Not ideal, but I did kill a small buck on the first evening hunt.

He will also turn in that they need 20 hunters, but will add 10 standbys which are local guys that are usually first in line. Some guy caught on and requested they draw standbys out of a hat.

This could be a great hunt and was probably at one time. It just needs to be revamped or have a new staff member run it. Good luck.

Comment

Two other TBH’s and I did the bow hunt here two years ago and we shot 3 bucks and one doe. We also seen pigs and axis but couldn’t get shots on them.
                    The bow hunt is DIY so you set up your own blind.

We enjoyed the hunt and we felt like the staff did the best job they could do with the resources they have to work with.

Comment

Ill be there. Looking forward to it. Those of you who have hunted here in the past, where did yall stay?

Comment

I drew the gun hunt in November. We are staying in Llano at the Best Western. 22 miles, but it is 18 miles to Fredricksburg and the hotels are much more expensive. Plan on hitting Coopers a couple times. It has been 5 years since I have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by brymor31 View Post
                          Ill be there. Looking forward to it. Those of you who have hunted here in the past, where did yall stay?

In a tent

Comment

I've hunted there two times and both times we camped in the park. Even though the park is closed they still charge you for a camp site.

Comment

I'll try standby again, I like the area and have hope. Got to hunt 18 out of 22 areas last year going standby. I'll camp in the park if the weathers not to ugly.

Comment

Working...
                              X