Saved by a $10 bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saved by a $10 bill

I was eating lunch at the gristmill for father's day and we were sitting waiting for our table when my camera slipped from my lap. Simple tumble that has happened a couple times before. But there was one rock. With the cap on this was the result. The rocket fish lens guard saves the day! I'm buying a few more!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340335075.904702.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	24905413

Good buy! I always keep one on my lens just for cases like this!

Comment

There are two schools of thought on this. Some say putting a filter on your lens is like shooting pictures through a window. I'm on the fence. Two of my lenses have "protective" UV filters and four do not. I think most can at least agree that, if you're going to put a filter on a high quality lens, it should be a high quality filter. My filters cost $56. In your case, glad you had it on!

Comment

ouch.....glad i have mine on also,.

Comment

I have filters on all of my lenses. But, do I shoot with them on? Usually not unless I am shooting with my polarizer. Mine are just for protection and if am shooting something important, I take the filter off.
          A 30 dollar filter is a lot easier to replace than a 2000 dollar lens, IMHO.

Comment

I do not use filters on my lenses for "protection". I didn't spend all that money on pro lenses to put a cheap piece of glass in front of them. That is what insurance is for. I insure ~$10,000 of gear for less than $100 a year. That is repair or replace insurance. No deductable.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
              I do not use filters on my lenses for "protection". I didn't spend all that money on pro lenses to put a cheap piece of glass in front of them. That is what insurance is for. I insure ~$10,000 of gear for less than $100 a year. That is repair or replace insurance. No deductable.
              More info please Scotty.

Comment

Mike, I insure all my photo gear through my homeowners insurance. You have to schedule it on something called a jewelry floater. It's not expensive at all. It covers all your camera gear for any accident or theft. You can drop it overboard, it's covered as a total loss and they will replace it. If you drop a lens and it breaks, but is repairable, it will be repaired at no cost. Casey can vouch for it's effectiveness as he had a Canon 70-200L f2.8 roll off his Ranger and break, literally in two. Canon repaired it, and his insurance picked up the tab. If your gear is stolen, it's covered.

Comment

I agree with the idea of putting a monet in a trailer, but for my current needs, I can't see the difference the protection makes. Could just be my juvenile eye and less costly lenses.
                  I hope one day that I can have equipment I can insure for protection.

Comment

good to know about ill have to get me some for my camera

Comment

thank you mr.hamilton lol

Comment

Working...
                      X