Venison Fajitas?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison Fajitas?????

Looking for a way to prepare that someone who is on the fence about venison will really enjoy.

THanks

I cook all my fajitas with tenderized deer steaks. I know i'm not as texmex as most of the guys on here and may not cook my fajitas the traditional way but they do get recommended a whole lot at camp.

deer steak
    Slice thin and place into large bowl
    Pour ¾ cup of water over meat
    1. 6 large splashes of worcestershire sauce
    2. 3 table spoons of minced garlic
    3. 1 packet of McCormick grill mates southwest marinade
    4. 1 packet of fajita seasoning
    5. 4 large splashes of olive oil
    6. 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
    7. 1 teaspoon black pepper
    8. 3 teaspoons favorite Cajun seasoning
    9. Allow to marinade as long as possible. At least 6 hours but 1-2 days is better.

2 large bell peppers sliced thin
    2 large yellow onions sliced thin
    1 large purple onion

Salsa (La Hernandez is my favorite salsa from the store. It is in a small can found by the taco products. Any salsa will work though.)
    2 cans black beans
    1 tub of sour cream
    Shredded cheese
    Jalapenos
    1 pack tortillas
    Guacamole

Comment

I cook all of mine with tenderized deer steaks, too. R.C.'s recipe sounds good. I don't go to quite as much trouble. I slice them thin and throw them on the hot grill with a little olive oil. I cook the veggies first and just push them aside and add the meat.

Comment

RC, that's one heck of a marinade buddy, what cut of venison are you using?

Comment

the trick is in the tenderizing at work we tenderize/marinade all the beef fajita's for two days. and they are the best you will eat. bar none lol.

Comment

Working...
          X