Axis steaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis steaks?

I just killed an Axis, and need some good ideas for cooking some steaks. Gonna try just some salt and pepper, to see what it taste like, but wanted some no fail recipes!

salt, pepper and light flour... nothing more needed. or just salt & pepper then grill if you cut them about an 1 1/2 thick... don't ruin them by over cooking..

Comment

Marinate in olive oil, garlic, rosemary, garlic salt, and pepper. Then grill.

Comment

Ya might want to go to the oriental section at the grocery store, look for NOH sauce Terrayaki flavor follow the directions on the package 1/2 cup of water packet of sauce marinade for 1-2 hours, Longer if you like.
        Cook over open coals dip in sauce when turned, don't over cook. leaves the taste of Venison with a hint of the Islands added.

Ahhhh yeah !!!!! time to go snoop in the freezer for venison, I just went and made myself hungry.....

If they don't have it PM with your address I'll send ya pack.

One time deal !!!!

Comment

Cavenders seasoning, Lee and Perrins,Balsamic Vinager,Olive oil, Italian dressing. Season steaks and put them with wet ingrediants into ziplock bag let marinate for two hours. Then grill

Comment

Place your favorite spice on them. I just use lemon pepper. Then put some worchester sauce '' It's 05:45 in the morning so forvige me if thats spelled wrong'' and grill. Most importantly do not over cook them kind of like duck leave them a little pink in the in the middle.

Comment

When I process my deer I cut my steaks and vacuum pack them with Italian dressing..the vacuum pulls the flavor into the meat and talk about some good groceries!

Comment

Mark, did you ever shot some of those pineapple eating axis?

Comment

This is how I do them no fail.

Season with Garlic salt, Season Salt, and Black pepper. Drizzle with worchestershire sauce. After treating both sides of the steak refrigerate for 1 hour before cooking.

A little more worchestershire each side and put them on the grill.

I think Axis is best cooked medium rare.

I sauteed some mushrooms in butter and teriyaki to go with them and baked sweet potatoes.

Comment

Chicken fry that sweet awesome tender good lovin meat!

Comment

mmmm

Comment

Do not touch it for 7 days. Keep it ice cold in a cooler and don't let it get wet. Then cut and cook....

Comment

Working...
                        X