My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Fried Mouflon Tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Fried Mouflon Tacos

Any mouflon eaters on the green screen? This was our first time and it was amazing! Marinated and then fried, stuffed in a warm tortilla, topped with jalapeno ranch and homemade pico de gallo. I can't wait to have these again.

And if you don't have mouflon you can use venison, feral hog, even chicken. Just as long as you're eating fried tacos!

Click image for larger version

Name:	27 Fried Mouflon Tacos 420.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	25110139

Not a large proportion of sheep eaters on here. There are a few of us that know what sheep taste like and that no, it is not supposed to taste like beef.

We canned some of our ram and one day, in a pinch, I made soft tacos by heating up the meat and putting it into soft tacos with cheese, etc. Nobody could tell I had used ram meat.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      Not a large proportion of sheep eaters on here. There are a few of us that know what sheep taste like and that no, it is not supposed to taste like beef.

We canned some of our ram and one day, in a pinch, I made soft tacos by heating up the meat and putting it into soft tacos with cheese, etc. Nobody could tell I had used ram meat.
      Maybe this is where my hesitancy came from then. I knew I had a preconceived notion for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
        Maybe this is where my hesitancy came from then. I knew I had a preconceived notion for some reason.
        The most inedible meats according to TBH (from what I have encountered):

Javelina
        Any kind of sheep/ram
        Jack Rabbits

I have eaten all three and both taste just fine to me. But you mention eating "rams" or "javis" and 9 times out of 10, folks will tell you how to cook it and throw it away and just eat the cooking utensil.

Out of the 3, sheep have that flavor profile that some folks like to refer to as "gamey" for which I just call... mutton. If you've eaten it, especially in Mediterranean dishes, then you know what to expect and can enjoy the flavor. But if you are expecting venison or beef... yeah, you will be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
        X