Smoked javelina recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked javelina recipes?

I'm planning on taking a javelina this Friday and want to smoke him on Saturday, want to know if any of you guys have a recipe you would recommend. I like javelina meat so I am really looking forward to smoking this guy and seeing how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) open pit and place any other meat in it
    2) move javi meat to thrash can

Good luck in your search lol never messed with one on the pit.
    Unfortunately had to clean a few and can't think of eating one after that smell

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

It's not bad when you do your part and clean them and cook them right. I shot one with my bow at 10 steps and when the arrow hit him I got sprayed with his stench hard. After that I went home a fried his back straps and threw the quarters in the oven as a roast, was very tasty even after I tasted him when he was alive.[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

Lol

Comment

Not really a "recipe " to smoking meat. Rub, or baste how you prefer and smoke till done. If you like them thangs then you might like em smoked.

Years back I got so drunk, I convinced myself I made one eatable!!!! Cooked again the next time and almost gagged, lol.... I was sober that time.

And I'm aware of field care and preparation. They ain't for everyone

Comment

We have on our lease. I have not seen on while I have been there I just have on camera. Thinking about shooting one and just get the back straps. Sounds like might not be a good idea.

Comment

Post up results when done.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                We have on our lease. I have not seen on while I have been there I just have on camera. Thinking about shooting one and just get the back straps. Sounds like might not be a good idea.

Fry them up like you would a deer backstrap and they are very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                  Post up results when done.

I will post it up, still deciding on how exactly I'm going to cook him but I'll post whatever way I do it.

Comment

I prefer my javelina dry roasted until meat falls of the bone.
                    Like to use the Fiesta Fajita seasonings, Mexican oregano, black pepper and garlic powder.
                    Serve with corn tortillas, pico and some guacamole.

Comment

Smoke it like you would smoke any other meat. I'd probably brine it since the fat content on them is pretty low. And like a hog, I'd make sure to cut out the small glands in the hind quarters (I believe if I recall correctly they have them.)

I always just cube mine up and make carne guisada out of it in the crockpot using Fiesta seasonings.

Comment

Working...
                      X