Traditional FSC Week 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 24

Being 3D season, and with the IBO Mid America shoot coming to Austin the 24th-25th, here's an idea: shoot at an arrow already in the target.

Of course, real deer don't come with an arrow placed in a good spot to aim at. However, 3D shooting partners often provide just such a target. Why not use it?

The challenge is to stick an arrow by hand into the target, then try to get as close to it as possible, shooting from 15 yards ( 8 for kids). Winner is closest shot center shaft to center shaft to the placed arrow.

Good shooting!

(You may want to use an old arrow, in case you hit it.)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1465852919820.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	24448372like this lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

That's the idea! Nice Robin Hood, Little John (but of course ) !

Comment

Good challenge I'll try it when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Traditional FSC Week 24

13/16" center to center. The arrow on the right was the one that was shot and the arrow on the left was pushed in

Comment

Good shooting Destry.

Comment

Thanks Phillip I usually shoot an arrow into a hay bale and then shoot at that arrow so I was excited about the challenge

Comment

Great shot, Destry! It's even better than you think; measure at the impact point.

Comment

Here's mine. Bottom arrow hand placed, top arrow shot. 1 1/16"
                  Attached Files

Comment

My first two shots since my accident. Distance was only 6 crutch steps from my sofa
                    I'm disqualified but it felt good to drop the string. First arrow shot into the center, second shot at that arrow.

Comment

I don't usually believe in participation awards... but you deserve an award for participating. The obsession runs deep with you my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        I don't usually believe in participation awards... but you deserve an award for participating. The obsession runs deep with you my friend!
                        It is killing me to be laid up man! I am not a couch potato, I rarely sit still. You know the grown up version of a hyperactive kid lmao

In this case I'll accept that participation award

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                          It is killing me to be laid up man! I am not a couch potato, I rarely sit still. You know the grown up version of a hyperactive kid lmao

In this case I'll accept that participation award
                          Good shooting! And seated is a good way to practice, couch or not.

Comment

No need to measure mine. It's about 3" high. Oh well.
                            Post the good and not so good.

Comment

Looks like Destry is the leader in the clubhouse. Still light to shoot and time to enter.

Comment

Working...
                              X