OH heck yes ! ....Centaur....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH heck yes ! ....Centaur....

Yes I did get a spot on the Centaur bow build list.... And the build is for this month! Can you say fired up! Just wanted to tell you guys so you could be excited with me. The wife really doesn't do back flips like I do over a new bow ha.. Any advice from you owners? I plan on going with a "58" triple carbon, dark matter takedown with xlt lams, cotton mouth skins, audad horn tips, stippling and a thumb rest. Did I miss anything"?

Only advice I can give is - shoot it & have fun doing it.

They are shooters for sure. I've never picked up one, that I couldn't shoot very well.
    I'll be having me a set of Jim's ILF limbs sometime soon.

Rick

Comment

Amen Rick, can't wait to see how it stacks up to my Bob Lee ultimate. Loving that bow right now.

Comment

Those Centaurs Are shooters! You will not be dissappointed! The only complaint I had was the short brace height. That thing will smoke an arrow though.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Cool

Comment

Congrats!! Sounds like you got all the bells and whistles!

Comment

Yep, Jim builds some outstanding bows. Only thing I wish he would do is build some longer ones.

62" is as long as he builds, but a set of his long ILF limbs on a 21" riser will make a 66" bow, and that's what I like in a longbow profile.

Rick

Comment

Sounds like you got a sweet bow in the making! Congrats

Comment

Prettiest bows on the market.

Comment

They are good bows and your going to like it a lot

Comment

My latest from Jim is Triple Carbon an at 60" 58# @ my 30 1/2" draw smokes a 620g arrow 187fps. I don't have a lot experience with a lot of other bows but Jim makes awesome stik that shines in all aspects of what you want in a hunting longbow!!!

Comment

Congrats on the new bow you won't be disappointed!!!

Comment

I've been shooting my Centaur Carbon Elite for about 2 weeks now and couldn't be happier. I don't have a chrono but I can say, I was surprised by how fast, quite, and smooth it is.

My bow is 51# @ 28. I've been shooting some old 6075 carbon arrows (these are too heavily spined but still shoot good) and some Northwest Archery, 70#-75# spined, 11/32, Douglas Fir arrows cut to 30 1/2 inches with 145 Field points. Although they are a little slower than the carbon arrows, they really pack a punch. They penetrate a good 4 -5 inches further than the carbons when I miss my target and stick one into the wooden fence (which is more often than I'd like to admit )

Good luck with your new bow. I know you'll be very happy with it.

Cheers,
                            Jason

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X