Black Rhino longbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Rhino longbows

A long time ago, I was looking to get my son into archery, as he wanted to do everything I was doing (fishing / shooting), so at a very young age, I got him his first bow. It was a right handed Black Rhino longbow.

He started to shoot, but we quickly realized that he kept trying to hold the bow in the "wrong" hand. I should have tested it first, but just never thought about it. I'm right handed, and his mom is a lefty. Guess what? Yep. He's a lefty, and left eye dominant. Dang.

No... not really. Black Rhino to the rescue. They traded me a left handed bow for the right handed one for a very small fee (shipping basically, plus I ordered some arrows, extra string, etc...). So he was off and running.

In a very short time though, he outgrew that bow. I called Black Rhino again and they upgraded us to a slightly longer bow. It was well worth the small upgrade fee.

He shot that bow for years, but it was few and far between sessions due to lack of a range. It's a model M-42 Light. Recently, we got into a range and I discovered that he has just grown too much to use it. The bow's max recommended draw length is 20", and he is at that right now. Looking at this picture the other day made me realize it was time to upgrade again.

So I emailed Black Rhino to ask if they still offered anything like I had swapped before, and to my surprise I got a email back saying they would upgrade me for a small fee again.

Not going to put out the cost, but I will say this - They saved me a lot of money by taking the M-42 light in on trade for a M-54 bow. I mailed them the bow last week, and I received the new M-54 today in the mail.

Excellent customer service, and a fine little bow to boot. If you are looking for a quality made longbow to start out a new archer, or just a lighter weight longbow for an adult or youth to target shoot with, Black Rhino is definitely worth a look.

Hope you all don't mind a plug for them, but I'm not affiliated with them in any way, and I just wanted to give such a fine company a public "thank you" on a board that I thought would appreciate the info.

All the best,
    Glenn

Thanks. I may look into that for my boys. 2-5-8 yo

Comment

It sounds like a good company.

Comment

Wow, that is awesome!

Comment

That's awesome to hear.

Comment

Awesome!

Bisch

Comment

Good to hear stories like that.

Comment

I know this thread is a little old but I'm so exicted to have just purchased my 8yr daughter a new M42 starter set. She's been plucking on my 50# Centaur with me for the past few weeks, while out in backyard practicing. All she can talk about is getting her own bow for Christmas. I think I'm just as excited as she is. I'll be sure to post some pic and share any feedback once it comes in.

Cheers,
                Jason

Comment

Excellent company, I bought one for my grandkids several years ago.

Comment

That is how my youngest Son Roman, got in to shooting! He is a lefty too. Got a Black Rhino for him at Christmas when he was 7. He used it for several years and finally outgrew it.

Great bows, great pricing, EXCELLENT customer service and wonderful people!

Comment

My daughter loves her black rhino longbow. She is so sad that her arms are too long for it now and she still gets mad when I suggest her little brother needs to shoot it. She is turning 13 and we just upgraded her to a 62" Martin Savannah.

Comment

Working...
                      X