Sony a6000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony a6000

I picked one of these up today after reading some of the threads on here. I think I got a pretty good deal, I gave $220 and it came with the 16-50 and 55-210 lens. I’ll take any pointers or suggestions as this is my first dabble in photography other than just snapping picks with my wife’s DSLR. Plan on watching some tutorials and stuff now that it’s in my hands.
    What accessories would be best, I plan on trying to film/photo hunting and fishing trips. Will also use it for my kids sports and probably vacations to take instead of my wife’s Nikon.
    Thanks

Awesome deal! A6000 Bodies alone are usually more than $200.

I would sell that 16-50 and buy a Sony 50mm F1.8, that kit lens is pretty crappy honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
      Awesome deal! A6000 Bodies alone are usually more than $200.

I would sell that 16-50 and buy a Sony 50mm F1.8, that kit lens is pretty crappy honestly.
      Thanks I check into that, is eBay the best place to sell a lens.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
        I picked one of these up today after reading some of the threads on here. I think I got a pretty good deal, I gave $220 and it came with the 16-50 and 55-210 lens. I’ll take any pointers or suggestions as this is my first dabble in photography other than just snapping picks with my wife’s DSLR. Plan on watching some tutorials and stuff now that it’s in my hands.
        What accessories would be best, I plan on trying to film/photo hunting and fishing trips. Will also use it for my kids sports and probably vacations to take instead of my wife’s Nikon.
        Thanks
        Congrats on the new equipment, that is a heck of a deal. I'm an all in Sony user since I switched from Canon last year. My advise to you would be to learn to use what you have before doing anything else. A photographer can use whatever equipment if they know what they are doing with it. I would recommend Brian Peterson's book, Understanding Exposure. Not a real long read but full of information to help you. Better equipment will make you a better photographer only if you know what you are doing with it otherwise you will get frustrated. Sony 16-50 review

I'm leaving for the Brazoria NWR refuge in a few minutes to photograph shore/wading birds and what raptors may show up. Appears to be in your neighborhood.

Good luck to you with the new gear.

Comment

Depending on the price I may want it.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here, Craigslist, and photography Facebook groups is where I would start. I haven’t sold anything on eBay so not sure.

Also agree with getting the 50 f1.8

Comment

FYI, just announced today. Sony 70-350 aps-c lens along with two new bodies, a6100 and a6600 plus a 2.8 aps-c lens. The 350 on the a6000 will put you at over 500mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                FYI, just announced today. Sony 70-350 aps-c lens along with two new bodies, a6100 and a6600 plus a 2.8 aps-c lens. The 350 on the a6000 will put you at over 500mm.
                I’m so new to photography I’m not even sure what that means haha. Yeah you were right down the road from me.

Comment

I’m so new to photography I’m not even sure what that means haha. Yeah you were right down the road from me.
                  Most Camera terminology and focal length is based off of a full frame sensor (roughly equivalent to a 35mm film frame from the ancient days), APS-C sensors like in your camera are a bit smaller (roughly the size of a film frame from those weird little APS film canister dealies that Kodak came out with in the 90s) so an equivalent lens from a full frame camera would have a field of view of a lens 1.5 times longer.

So a 200mm lens stuck on an APS-C body would give you an equivalent field of view as a 300mm lens would on a full frame body.

APS-C cameras are really good for wild life because you get 1.5x extra "reach" out of a lens vs a full frame camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                    Oh man that 70-350 looks sweet. Makes me want to buy another Sony!!

Comment

Working...
                    X