X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Ago in North America

Mesa Verde National Park
    Attached Files

Those cliff dwellings are a mystery to me. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Wow purdy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Worth a visit.

Comment

I've been there many times, and am as awe struck each time as I was the first time.
          I ALWAYS get a heavy feeling of wanting to live there.

Rick

Comment

I have been there and the other sites close to Mesa Verde. It is a must if you haven't been. From what I remember(it has been 20 yrs.) it seems there was a drought and everyone got hungry and started fighting each other over food sources. Then they all left.

Comment

love the place. and there is others too. some on privet land. lots of history...

Comment

I have great memories of going there as a young kid - probably mid 60's. I think the public had more close-up access back then. It left a big impression on me.

Comment

I've been close but never went. Will put it on my goto list.

Comment

I haven't been there, but have been to the cliff dwellings in Manitou Springs, right next to Colorado Springs, CO. Very neat.

Actually, one of my favorite vacations I've been on was a road trip to Colorado Springs with my wife. So much to do and see in that one little area.

Garden of the Gods
                    Pikes Peak via the Cog Railroad
                    Manitou Springs Cliff Dwellings
                    Cave of the Winds
                    Seven Falls
                    Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (something about a zoo on a mountain is just so darned cool!)
                    The Olympic training center

Comment

The Chaco dwellings between Farmington & Albuquerque are really cool also. You can actually walk around in them.

I've been to just about all of them at one time are another, but I don't remember all the names, or even where they all are.

Rick

Comment

Comment

Been there and loved it! It's a must if your in the area. The drive through the park to get there is incredible. I was like how did they even find this place back then.

Comment

I now have another destination to visit, and Swamprabbit you left out a VERY important part of Colorado Springs. It's the home of the Cowboy Hall of Fame and Statue of Casey Tibbs.
                            Okay, so I don't expect you to know who Casey Tibbs was, but still The hall of fame??

Comment

Some cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X