Facebook / Social Dilemmea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook / Social Dilemmea

First of all for all of you guys that have never gotten Facebook, that's great. I wish I never did, but I do use it to keep up with family and friends that otherwise I'd have no idea what is going on with them. I don't do any of the other social media besides this forum and Youtube.

So that being said, for those that haven't seen Social Dilemma you need to see it. Point of this post is that I've made a conscious effort to stay off FB with everything going on and after I watched that show. I've enjoyed not seeing all of the negativity from both sides, but I do miss seeing pictures of family and friends and the hunting stuff I follow. After a few days of not opening the app they started sending me emails about this person did this and that person did that which never happened before. They are dang sure watching and wanting you back...

The real point of the post is that I'm much more up to date on this forum's drama, and what is all going on in the classifieds since giving up FB. Lots of ammo for sell on the classifieds, but not many AR's...

I'll go back to FB one day, but I will be deleting a bunch of people.

I deleted my Facebook account a couple weeks ago. Felt / feels great!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
      First of all for all of you guys that have never gotten Facebook, that's great. I wish I never did, but I do use it to keep up with family and friends that otherwise I'd have no idea what is going on with them. I don't do any of the other social media besides this forum and Youtube.

So that being said, for those that haven't seen Social Dilemma you need to see it. Point of this post is that I've made a conscious effort to stay off FB with everything going on and after I watched that show. I've enjoyed not seeing all of the negativity from both sides, but I do miss seeing pictures of family and friends and the hunting stuff I follow. After a few days of not opening the app they started sending me emails about this person did this and that person did that which never happened before. They are dang sure watching and wanting you back...

The real point of the post is that I'm much more up to date on this forum's drama, and what is all going on in the classifieds since giving up FB. Lots of ammo for sell on the classifieds, but not many AR's...

I never had facebook, never saw a point in it. You can always call and text pictures to family if its important enough. I think facebook made it easier to just post your stuff online and everyone sees it and you dont have to text pics individually to folks. Dont let the internet control ya brother. Good luck!

Comment

I'll go back to FB one day
        So you really haven't learned your lesson yet

Comment

I deleted mine late last summer. I watched that documentary afterwards and it was petty good.

Comment

First of all for all of you guys that have never gotten Facebook, that's great. I wish I never did

So that being said, for those that haven't seen Social Dilemma you need to see it. Point of this post is that I've made a conscious effort to stay off FB with everything going on and after I watched that show.
            you do realize that every time you use your phone or computer Big Brother knows exactly what you're doing. FB was just one example how you can be traced on social media or even logging on to the i-net. Search engines, google map, downloaded apps, candy crush, and other programs use cookies and algorithms to complete your profile. This information is sold and traded to buyers who know everything about you. Even if you minimize your FB activity, you're still being monitored when spending time on TBH. You phone is being used as an intelligence bug and most don't even know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              you do realize that every time you use your phone or computer Big Brother knows exactly what you're doing. FB was just one example how you can be traced on social media or even logging on to the i-net. Search engines, google map, downloaded apps, candy crush, and other programs use cookies and algorithms to complete your profile. This information is sold and traded to buyers who know everything about you. Even if you minimize your FB activity, you're still being monitored when spending time on TBH. You phone is being used as an intelligence bug and most don't even know about it.

I'm just flattered someone cares what I'm up to!

Comment

My f.b.page was hacked twice.The first time they just deleted all the pretty girls.The 2nd time they deleted everybody..Working on getting all the pretty girls back��
                Seriously though..I just scroll on past the negativity,political posts,etc..Kinda like crap on t.v..If I don't dig it,I just change the channel.Probably easier for a grown up,than a kid.

Comment

As I figured the first 6 posts are exactly what I thought they'd be which is why I started they way I did. I don't have anything to hide so I don't really care about big brother...

Comment

I got off of it years ago but recently heard they still follow your data shadow covertly. Darn shame if that’s true. I heard of something called a VP or something to prevent tracking but then heard they can even monitor that. Have nothing to hide as well but still would like to have some privacy in our affairs.

Comment

I thought FB was for teenaged girls and middle aged housewives?

Comment

The Social Dilemma is really eye opening. I have FB but I highly manage it to where I only see family, close friends, hunting pages and bbq and certain grilling-smoking groups. It’s enjoyable but I can see how if you didn’t eliminate the static that it could go downhill.

Twitter, I was on there quite a bit but the stupid level on there is out of this world. It is a cancer so I deleted the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

it is

Comment

How did you keep up with friends and family before FB? I realized a year ago, that the people I thought I needed to "keep up with" really made no significant difference in my life anyway. After a year I still don't miss anything. I really don't care if a guy I went to high school with took his new wife to Vail skiing or my 3rd cousin just won $1500 with a scratch-off. Time waster for sure.....

Comment

Crazy stuff and could play a heavy roll in social engineering. That is just the tip of the ice berg. With IOT and AI the next 5 years are going to be fascinating to watch play out as a sci fi episode. To walk down the street and see an advertisement change based on your history or what you happen to be talking about is a little scary. The worst part is that it just creates a bigger wedge in our country as people tend to gravitate to other like them.

Comment

Working...
                              X