Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late season quail outfitter suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late season quail outfitter suggestions?

My dad wants to go on a quail hunt this year but, after a rash of surgeries, he can't do much walking at distances. Just looking for a good outfitter that we can ride with, spot some coveys and hop out and flush. Thinking a south Texas hunt may be best to be able to spot birds from a truck but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You might try Joshua Creek Ranch in Boerne. I'm not sure if they can accommodate your father's needs, but I'd sure give them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
      You might try Joshua Creek Ranch in Boerne. I'm not sure if they can accommodate your father's needs, but I'd sure give them a call.
      Probably your best bet. They’ll be able to accommodate him I’m sure.

Comment

Wild birds or pen raised?

Comment

Pen raised.

Comment

May try Blaein Friermood in Hebbronville. We are not far from there and absolutely loaded with birds.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
              Pen raised.
              I know Joshua Creek is pen raised, I was curious what the OP is looking for.

Comment

When I used to go down to the coast to Goose Hunt, around Palacios and Blessing there were always quail running around in the brush close to the ditches. One day I counted over 100 and that's just what I saw...

Comment

KCK, I'm not sure if Corsicana is too far for you but we have gone to Upland Bird Country several times now and they run a 1st rate operation.

The birds are pen raised but fly like wild. They can provide guides with pointing and flushing dogs so all you need is your gun and shells.

You can look them up online they hunt to about the end of February, or mid March if it's not too hot for the dogs.

Comment

Many thanks gents. I’ll get with my old man and we’ll make some calls to all the contacts suggested.

Comment

Working...
                    X