No announcement yet.

Ammo gougers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ammo producers are getting pressured by government not to produce the supply being demanded. But instead of the producers getting to reap the bounty of increased demand and limited supply it goes to the gougers, ticket scalpers if you will.
    But hey if you were being threatened by the left to limit supply to citizens or face bankruptcy in prosecution what would you do?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

It does not help that Obama chased all the lead smelters out of the USA.
      Just about all is imported. Guns are plentiful, no ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        The ammo producers are getting pressured by government not to produce the supply being demanded. But instead of the producers getting to reap the bounty of increased demand and limited supply it goes to the gougers, ticket scalpers if you will.
        But hey if you were being threatened by the left to limit supply to citizens or face bankruptcy in prosecution what would you do?

It has to be something like this. For over a decade I've asked why no one competes more or expands production. Always an excuse. But demand stays super high. Now that Dems have taken over demand will only increase more.

Comment

The ammo producers are getting pressured by government not to produce the supply being demanded.
          Produce evidence of this.

Comment

Im probably in the minority here but think (and hope) ammo will be almost back to normal in 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              Here ya’ go. I guess they decided if the other place could charge $70 and get it then they could charge $50.

https://www.ammofreedom.com/federal-...t&asaid=as0003
              Edit: looks like they actually do have some in stock
              Last edited by Etxbuckman; 01-14-2021, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
                Im probably in the minority here but think (and hope) ammo will be almost back to normal in 6 months.
                I hope so, it sure would be nice to go shoot without having to worry about replacing your ammo. I've stopped shooting unless I'm hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                  You guys beat the same group of dead horses every dang day. Find something new to complain about.
                  I do agree. Same guys who buy 1-2 boxes at a time and now have no ammo

WHen the price is right, load up. It doesn't go bad

I just sit back and laugh

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    I do agree. Same guys who buy 1-2 boxes at a time and now have no ammo

WHen the price is right, load up. It doesn't go bad

I just sit back and laugh
                    So when the times get right the guys that but 1-2 will buy 15-20 and the guys that normally buy 15-20 will buy 50-60. I think the days of fully stocked ammo shelves ammo shelves are over. Unless it makes a rebound like TP.

Comment

Once nice thing about ammo shortages is the possibility that those pesky and inconsiderate neighbors who only seem to like to shoot up the woods at dawn and dusk during deer season may not be able to afford to any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        Produce evidence of this.
                        I have zero. I just figured that's how it's done here now. Just post anything and it's true because someone said so.

But honestly I don't but the BS reasons given in the latest responses from the ammo producers either. In any business if your customer base grows and demand grows you increase shifts, production equipment and your profits.

Comment

I have zero. I just figured that's how it's done here now. Just post anything and it's true because someone said so.

But honestly I don't but the BS reasons given in the latest responses from the ammo producers either. In any business if your customer base grows and demand grows you increase shifts, production equipment and your profits.

Unless, of course, the last time you did that, in preparation for Hillary to become president, your company took a ****ing bath. I encourage you to read about this on a non-bowhunting website. This is a good place to start: https://www.recoilweb.com/why-is-the...ne-162059.html

Appreciate the honesty about talking out of your azz. We all do it—it’s just good to be up front about it.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                            While $100 for 50 rounds of .40 is nuts, however $168 for 200 9mm is no less nuts. How do you draw the line?
                            agreed. Start reloading or just quit shooting for awhile.

Comment

check this out ............

For every American, 2020 will be remembered for COVID-19 and an insane presidential election. In addition to that, gun owners will recall 2020 (and spoiler alert, 2021) for more: the worst ammunition shortage in recent memory. Desperate gun owners have driven hours to pick up just a few boxes of...

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                                Unless, of course, the last time you did that, in preparation for Hillary to become president, your company took a ****ing bath. I encourage you to read about this on a non-bowhunting website. This is a good place to start: https://www.recoilweb.com/why-is-the...ne-162059.html

Appreciate the honesty about talking out of your azz. We all do it—it’s just good to be up front about it.
                                That article contradicts itself. The only reason they give is "the bottom may fall out of the market" Using that logic Americans would run out of everything because companies would never expand.

Name one product with as much over demand as ammo..just one. And that article also states it's going to take a LONG time to get back to normal, if ever.

I think our government is keeping them from producing. That would make a whole lot more sense. Limit resources needed, tax them more etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X