Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people fit comfortably under a 20 x 30 foot tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people fit comfortably under a 20 x 30 foot tent?

Seriously. Our son is getting married on Saturday with an outdoor venue. The forecast is calling for rain- and possible snow. June 22. It’s Montana weather.

75 guests planned. I think 2, there’s others who say 1 will suffice. Anybody have experience? Too late to change the location.

I could get out of a suit and don my hinting rain gear- but others not so much.

I would get two for sure. 30 is crowded under one

Comment

Two for sure. I had a 25 x 60 in april for just overflow . 125 guys.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Used to rent tables, chairs, canopies, etc. Used this rule of thumb when asked by clients:

Party Seating and Space Information
        Cocktail parties ( guests standing up) 5 to 6 sq. ft per person
        Reception, tea type (some seated) 8 sq. ft. per person
        Dinner, using oblong tables 8 sq. ft. per person
        Dinner, using round tables of 6, 8 and 12 12 sq. ft. per person
        Cathedral seating (rows) 6 sq. ft. per person

20 x 30 tent = 600 square feet. 600 / 75 guests = 8 square feet.

However, you will most likely have an aisle, as well as room up front for the Bride and Groom, as well as the one doing the knot tying to the B and G.

I would recommend two.
        KJ

Comment

Can two be put together without leaking between them? I would say two or one tent that was larger than the 20x30

Comment

I would say 3, because if it is raining and windy then no one is going to be standing around the edges, you will probably loose close to 1/4 of the footage. I don't know what the plan is but tables, chairs decorations take up a lot of room. Plus the kiddos will be running around playing.

Comment

Thanks. I don’t know if larger tents are available and pretty sure 2, together would result in an open gap and rain coming in.

I could not make-up a forecast for snow on our son’s wedding onJune 22. But, it snowed on my birthday June 7.

I bought a fire pit which I’m bringing to the wedding. Sure it will be appreciated and enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Other thing you might consider is adding those clear wall panels that can be thrown up to protect from side winds/rain/snow... Forecasts do not mention wind, but down here in the low lands, thunderstorms and such usually have wind associated with them; I figg'r be the same in the mountains, maybe worse!?

Comment

We’ll see. I’m heading there tomorrow to help set up whatever they got.

Comment

1...………..……….

Comment

We wound up getting 2, 10x20’ canopies.

Set them up Thursday am- and it hailed. My wife stayed in Bozeman finishing food she made and steaming the wrinkles out of the bride’s dress- and left with 3” of snow and more coming down.

Rained and more hail Friday.

Wedding day Saturday was beautiful and warm 60s-70s in afternoon and evening.

If you can find it- Willies Distillery in Ennis makes the smoothest whisky I’ve ever enjoyed!

Comment

Nice to hear it all worked out.
                        I have a friend moving to Ennis to manage a restaurant that is reopening. The Continental Divide I believe. Great young gal and great cook. Hoping their reopening plays out well. She will like the local whiskey I hope, drinks Pendleton now. If you get back that way to eat, tell Macy she needs to try the local product.

Comment

Ennis is great, but finding a rental is really tough. Very low inventory of rental homes in a small community.

Comment

Working...
                          X