Problems with Shurs Taxidermy in Corpus Christi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if anybody else has had problems with Shurs Taxidermy in Corpus off of airline. I took them some animals, along time ago, and cant seem to get an answer as to where they are or if I'll ever get them back. I've been in a few times and have never been able to talk to anybody but taxidermy apprentices. I've left them messages with my number each time I've been and have never received a phone call. I've been told they "contract out" a lot of their work to other part time taxidermist, who do they work at their homes.

Last time I went in, I asked for my money back and told them they could keep the animals. They owe me about $1,000 as I paid in full when I dropped off the animals.

Has anybody ever hired an attorney for something like this? If I go that route, I'll also need to be reimbursed for the price of the animals and the hunt to replace them.
    Last edited by MAP; 04-15-2019, 02:00 PM.

I would call the PO PO.

Comment

Ouch

Comment

In the same boat with another corpus taxidermist....am in 1500 and the animals were killed in 2016...

Comment

Shurr's has done 10+ mounts for me over the past yrs and has always done me right. Have you talked directly to troy?

Comment

I had troy do my buck a few years back... horns are crooked and the Cape has a tuft of hair sticking up back of neck. He was good then he started getting alot of bluff scruff in there to help and it made his quality suffer
            I think if you can get him face to face you should be able to get your money back

Comment

horns are crooked and the Cape has a tuft of hair sticking up back of neck. He was good then he started getting alot of bluff scruff in there to help and it made his quality suffer
              I noticed that the couple of times I've been to the shop. They had one monster full body mount from the Rhode ranch that was an unreal buck, and the mount looked like crap. I would have been pretty upset to get a dream buck back like that.

Have you talked directly to troy?
              Over a year ago, the FIRST time I went to ask about my mounts, I did talk to him. Since then I've talked to his wife and everybody else in the shop. Besides his desk should have plenty of sticky notes with my name, number, and questions on it.... He's never called, but he sure cashed my check the day after I wrote it.

Comment

ttt

Comment

There needs to be an arse whooping down there in Corpus!!!

What does his wife say when you ask for your money back?

Comment

p.s. I would be camping out on the front porch of his home if someone was stiffing me.

Comment

Sounds like the same issue I'm having with God's Creation Taxidermy.
                      I dropped off a bobcat in November 2016 (my first cat). I've got nothing but empty promises. The last response I got from him was in June of 2018 and he said it would be a couple more weeks. I gave him half down and was told it would only take 8 months. Guessing I got screwed. Sucks

Comment

Never paid in full, and never leave your antlers there! Let the taxi call you when the cape is done and he's ready for the antlers

Comment

I’ve never had that issue with Shurs but I have had some low quality work as opposed to 8-10 years ago. The skull on the last euro mount they did completely fell apart then it was glued back together and looks like ****. I shot an axis deer a couple years ago and it looks like a 5 year old tried to fix the broad head hole.

I also had him do a trout my son caught. They do fiberglass replicas which is fine. I gave a bunch of photos and the replica I got back looks nothing like the fish he caught. I get that spots aren’t going to be the same, but it was a typical Baffin trout. Very silver, very few spots. The one I got back looks like a 30” grass trout. Deep green covered in spots. And it wasn’t cheap either.

I’m just not going back. Which is a shame because he used to do really good work.

Comment

Had a hog done there a few years back. I thought he did a decent job on it. But haven't dealt with him in a while.

Comment

file on him at the court house , have him served papers . that way he has to show up in front of the judge ! plead your case and court cost . I`ve seen it done over tree rat mount .

Comment

Working...
                              X