No announcement yet.

2019 Live Pig Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I screwed up. I heard pigs in the brush so I try to get in closer. I get to about 100 yards and pigs step out on a utv trail. I try to stalk in closer thinking maybe I can get lucky and do a double kill. I don't make it far and the pig closest to me freezes and looks my way. I quickly raise my rifle, put the cross on the pig and squeeze one off. All pigs take off immediately except the one I shot at stays for a second or two and appears to stumble, then takes off into the brush. I'm thinking I may have hit him but found no blood to confirm.

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
      Well I screwed up. I heard pigs in the brush so I try to get in closer. I get to about 100 yards and pigs step out on a utv trail. I try to stalk in closer thinking maybe I can get lucky and do a double kill. I don't make it far and the pig closest to me freezes and looks my way. I quickly raise my rifle, put the cross on the pig and squeeze one off. All pigs take off immediately except the one I shot at stays for a second or two and appears to stumble, then takes off into the brush. I'm thinking I may have hit him but found no blood to confirm.

Good job getting a shot off. Could be you got him. Just like when I thought I missed one a while back but he was dead close by and didn't have a blood trail until 50 yds after he ran. I bet you find him in morning

Comment

I’m in the blind and sweating my butt off!!!!

We’ll see what happens!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

We’ll see what happens!

Bisch

Good luck!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

We’ll see what happens!

Bisch

No way I'd be in a blind with this heat and humidity! That's too much dedication for a pig. Now I do some pretty dumb things for a deer though...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

We’ll see what happens!

Bisch

Good luck brother. Drink plenty. And "grind" afterwards.

Comment

I'm heading out now for evening. Man the humidity is oppressive. Poured out 2.87" from Sunday storm

Comment

Good luck out there.

Comment

May have missed y'all but good luck to whoever is still out!

Comment

Snuck in late again tonight. Coon on corn pile when I showed up, but left before I could get a shot. Got in the stand and settled, shined the light and heard a pig spook to my left.

Comment

Coon came back, arrow launched wildly. Not sure what happened, but no blood drawn at all. Total miss.

Comment

I got tied up trying to get a pig in the cooler before the rain hit!

Had a big bunch come in, and shot a big sow at about 15yds!!

She only went about 75yds, but Zeke did a great job of finding her.

Bisch

Comment

I got tied up trying to get a pig in the cooler before the rain hit!

Had a big bunch come in, and shot a big sow at about 15yds!!

She only went about 75yds, but Zeke did a great job of finding her.

Bisch

Congrats Bisch and Zeke! Coon came back, and I missed again. Went to the house and got the .22!

Comment

Nicely done Bisch. A few raccoons here tonight. Hogs gettin wary. No dice

Comment

Big boy showed up. Tried to shoot tight, up front and low, think I shot him in the neck. He ran off grunting and snorting... with my arrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X