No announcement yet.

Lens rental Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, missed focus all the way. 1/1600th is plenty fast enough to freeze the action there.

What's weird is it seems like focused was missed on EVERYTHING... nothing is really tack sharp.

IMO back-button autofocus is the best focusing method for pretty much every situation. On my D750 I generally run back button autofocus, a single focus point right in the middle or off to the side to make focus and recompose easier, and just tracking my subject with the focus point.

Comment

I think shooting anything with movement is all about anticipation. Sometimes you guess right and sometimes you don't.

The other thing you can do is this. Hold the shutter half way down to focus where you think or know the action is. When you feel the time is right, completely press the shutter but hold it down for burst mode. This will allow you to capture more pictures. I know this is probably a "duh" comment, but just in case I wanted to throw it out there.

Comment

Yeah, Blitz, that is typically what I do. Jspradley, I will look into what you have mentioned.
        Thanks for continued input!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
          Yeah, Blitz, that is typically what I do. Jspradley, I will look into what you have mentioned.
          Thanks for continued input!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Of course! I'm always glad to help with what little I do know.

The way I see it theres 2 types of photographers, those who use BBAF and those who havent heard of it yet lol

It's really the best of both AFS and AFC modes, hit the button one for AFS and hold it down for AFC. This is for DSLRs though, those fancy pants mirrorless eye AF and subject tracking might make it obsolete one of these days

Comment

Working...
          X