Long Range Broadhead practice- Near Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Range Broadhead practice- Near Houston

Where do you guys go to shoot broadheads out to 80+ yards? It is illegal to shoot them inside the city limits of Houston or at the Buffalo field archery outdoor range. There is basically no public land in Texas and I can only shoot out to 30 yards in my backyard.

For you western hunters that live in the city, what do you do for long range broadhead tuning and practice?

If you get creative (and you and your party are the only shooters) out at the Saltgrass range in League city you can get out to 80 and probably 100

You'll need to bring your own target though. The city is stupid and tried to charge the archery club that was keeping it maintained to use it so they told them to pound sand and went to a different range and the target bales are no longer maintened..
    Last edited by Jspradley; 06-16-2019, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Bring your own broadhead target to one of the outdoor ranges. I have had zero issue doing that at the Spring, Texas range.

Comment

If you are in Houston can you not just go shoot in the national forest?

Comment

I just spent some time last night shooting 60 in a park down the road from me. I just make sure I am out of the way, and my arrow flight path is towards the cow pasture behind it, and set up my target in front of a dirt pile.

If I were you, I would go to George Bush Park, and get a long ways from the road and fire away. Not like you need to fire dozens of arrows just to confirm your BH hit the same spot as your field points.

Comment

Working...
          X