Leupold CDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold CDS

How many of y’all have had an experience with Leupold CDS system. Just sent in my numbers for my first set. Tell me the good and the bad fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following, about to send mine in also.

Comment

I have had one for about 5 years on a 270. Never had any issues. I have shot out to 300 yards with it. Works great!

Comment

I have on eon my 6.5, shoots great out to 700 yards

Comment

Originally posted by Jarred View Post
          I have on eon my 6.5, shoots great out to 700 yards
          x2

Comment

What is the expected turn around on getting one back after sending info?

Comment

The good, it works awesome. The bad, not real sure of anything. When you get it back go have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                What is the expected turn around on getting one back after sending info?

The email said 4-6 weeks.

Comment

I have them on a couple of my rifles and have had for several years. One is on my 7mm RUM and the other on my 220 Swift.

I can tell you they are spot on and very accurate. I have compared the numbers Leupold sent me with other ballistics apps and they basically mirror one another.

What I really like about the CDS dial is that it is simple. If you know the distance, just dial it in on the dial and you can trust the bullet will hit your target as long as you do your job. My dials are built off my reloads I have worked up for each rifle.

I am working on a load now for my AR and as soon as I get it dialed in I will send in the data for it and get a dial built.

The downside is they do not account for horizontal windage so if you have any wind you will need to know how to dope the wind.

The turn around time is definitely 4-6 weeks and don't expect it to come any sooner than that. I think the dial has really gained a lot of popularity so their turn around time is longer than it used to be when I initially got mine.

I can highly recommend them.

Comment

Just received my dials today. 8 days after putting in the order. I did not expect this early.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                      Just received my dials today. 8 days after putting in the order. I did not expect this early.

Wow. I need to find my final load work up and send mine in. Been meaning to for two years

Comment

Also put a Mark AR with CDS on one of my AR platforms. The dial isn’t quite exact because it comes with standard 55 gr load data. However, it was spot on at 500 yards. Could not believe it.

Comment

Working...
                        X