Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you still have the antlers from you first buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have every set of horns from the bucks I shot. My first buck was a 13" 6 point that I thought was the biggest buck I had ever saw.

Comment

Here's pic from 1974--still got 'em.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Reading most of the comments, Cheers to the little 1.5 yr old bucks that made our first buck hunting experience. Like I said in my first post, mom brought me my first buck antlers home. The skull was broken in half, it reminded me of someone handing me a hand full of change. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Here's pic from 1974--still got 'em.

Cool pic and camo.
            I've still got my first bow buck but not
            first buck.

Comment

I do

Comment

Do you still have the antlers from you first buck?

Originally posted by ostey22 View Post
                Mom was doing some some cleaning in the garage and found the antlers to my first deer. Tickled me, she made it a point to drop them off at the house to me. It was a small 6 I killed in Freer when I was 8. I remember it like it was yesterday, had to sit on Dad’s knee to see over the window. I was shooting a youth Remington 243 that’s in my safe now. Only problem is the skull cap is broke in half. My wife wants to do something with them, any creative ideas?

Nope. Grew up bird bunting and the first deer I killed was a 9 point and the rack got left on the front porch for the dogs to drag off.

Between me and my Mom we have every antlered deer my younger brother ever killed.

Except for the big 10 he killed that I was after that ones on his wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Black Ice; 05-21-2019, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Menard County 86 or 87, Murph Compton’s Ranch, he was a great dude and owned the feed store in town. Remember every bit of it, I was super proud and all of 15 or 18 guys on the lease made me feel like I’d killed a booner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Antlers are hanging in my sons room. Montgomery county 1999, killed with a winchester 44-40.

Comment

Still have my fork horn on a plaque. 1988

Comment

Yep little 5 point Bear Kodiak Magnum put a hurt in him at about 12 yards

Comment

Yep, 1998 Brown county. With my dad RIP, will never forget it. Shot it on my family’s place what I would consider the old school way. No feeder, found what looked like a good area, made a ground brush blind, sat on bare ground, and made the shot with an open sight 30-30.

Comment

Yes, a 3 point South Alabama trophy. Got him in 1981 with my Remington 1100, 00 buck shot, running dogs.

Comment

yes sir!

Comment

I have all the mine, my brothers, and pops. From the late 70's till now. Lost my Brother in 86 and pops last December.

2 car garage with a chain stretched across that is full of horns.

Comment

Working...
                                X