Talk to me about scope rings/bases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to me about scope rings/bases

My 27 year old 300 Wby mag combo is getting a facelift with some more up to date optics. I've always liked the Talley one piece mounts on other rifles so just went to go order some and then thought I should check to see what the green screen has to say about the matter. The current Leupold Vari-X III and classic Leupold mounts and rings were sighted in 27 years ago and hasn't been touched since then, not even a click for 27 years, so I'd be upset if I don't get this right.

I like Talley or DNZ on my hunting rifles.

Comment

I highly recommend the one piece DNZ mounts; I use them for everything that I can. Aluminum so light weight, easy to install and full 1/2" hardened steel screws in caps. I am not sure that I have ever visited with anyone who has tried them that did not like them. It is a shame but they are not one of my sponsors. They are called Game Reaper and made by DNZ Products.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Hill Country rifles recommended the Talley fixed Steel rings for my 300 Win Mag. I asked about the light weight alloy ones, and they didn't recommend them for large magnums.

Comment

I have Optilocks on my Sako. They haven't moved at all in 25 years.

I have DNZ on my Mossberg 4X4 and they are pretty steady also.

Comment

I have several sets of Talley lightweight ring mounts and am very happy with them. I also have a few sets of thier rings and bases both quick detach and permanent attach rings no issues and extremely well made. I don’t think for a hunting rifle you can go wrong with Talley.

Comment

Thanks. Have you guys done any lapping on the DNZ mounts?
              Does anybody make a one piece steel mount like the Game Reaper?
              Last edited by justletmein; 05-20-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

You should not have to do any lapping on the DNZ mounts. I used them on my .270 WSM with no problems and that rascal had a little recoil. I much prefer the aluminum over steel to reduce weight, the older I get the lighter I like them.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

I buy the WARNE brand I have had great success.

Comment

Anybody use the Leupold Backcountry stuff?
                    Attached Files

Comment

I used a set of the Burris zee rings they are self aligning and have been on my 300wsm for hundreds of shots and several tumbles in mountains... still hits bullseye as long as I do my part

Comment

Working...
                      X