It's time for a coyote hunt....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's time for a coyote hunt....

I made my first turkey hunt of the Spring 2019 season and things turned canine really quick. Any advice for hunting these little rascals? I have an inexpensive e-caller and probably going to give that a shot next.

Check out the video:

If you would of had a shotgun, you might have killed the coyote! In tight cover, a scatter gun is deadly on coyotes!!!!

Comment

Absolutely! I saw the same dog the next morning checking his scent marks along the road but he didn't come in. I'll go back with my AR and/or my shotgun next time. Anyone ever try calling in coyotes using turkey decoys specifically?

Comment

that was a cool hunt!

Comment

nice video, happened to me one time with goose decoy's

Comment

I had a bobcat come sneaking in behind me once when I was calling/scouting for turkeys at Lake Aquilla. All I had on me was a pocket knife and that cat wanted a turkey dinner.

Comment

I called 2 in one morning on separate parts of the pastures while turkey hunting. The 2nd I was messing with calls in camp and it came into about 80 yards.

Comment

wow... sounds like its pretty prevalent. Sabre, you only had a pocket knife???.... brave man. I always carry my 9mm or 44 loaded with some rat shot in case I come across a snake.

Comment

Working...
                X