Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    yep WIND keeps most of us VERY humble at long ranges.

Jordan are you wanting 1 "DO ALL" rifle? if so I think the 6.5 PRC would be your huckleberry

Hurry though only 5 hours left to order
    Not sure if you just keep trying to mess with people or what? Roberts posted it is open till next Friday February 15... Havent seen any changes in that. I havent placed my order yet as im trying to work out a couple details...

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
      Not sure if you just keep trying to mess with people or what? Roberts posted it is open till next Friday February 15... Havent seen any changes in that. I havent placed my order yet as im trying to work out a couple details...
      OMG OSU, damm, you are right, I got my dates screwed op, it is NEXT Friday the 15th

Jeez, I'm sorry everyone

Comment

Originally posted by GyrPer1 View Post
        Any of you guys roll with the 257 Weatherby? It looks like an order quantity of at least 5 barrels is required. Still waffling between the 257, 6.5 PRC, or maybe the 280AI or even the 270 WBY. Mule deer / Whitetail / Antelope.

Ah, decisions decisions. Will be running a Swaro Z5 3-18.

WOO HOO!!!
        If you don't have any rifles covering that spread now, I'd probably go 6.5 Creedmoor first, especially if you don't reload. It's honestly overkill for the animals you're talking about taking.

Comment

Already have a creedmoor.

Comment

Already have a creedmoor.

I'd give it some room, then, and go smaller at .257/.243 or significantly larger at .280/.300, depending on what else you have. 7-mag, perhaps?

Comment

Robert, trying to finish making all my decisions so I can get my order in but have a quick question on the stock for ya. Trying to decide colors and patterns. I know bare carbon stocks can be a little slick. Also looks like this stock doesn't have any molded in texture in the grip and fore end area. Does your 4 camo/carbon patterns you posted in this thread give very much grip/texture or should I be looking at the web patterns or maybe ambush? They will be hunting rifles and would prefer something not to slippery. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
                Robert, trying to finish making all my decisions so I can get my order in but have a quick question on the stock for ya. Trying to decide colors and patterns. I know bare carbon stocks can be a little slick. Also looks like this stock doesn't have any molded in texture in the grip and fore end area. Does your 4 camo/carbon patterns you posted in this thread give very much grip/texture or should I be looking at the web patterns or maybe ambush? They will be hunting rifles and would prefer something not to slippery. Thanks!!
                The bare carbon is pretty slick. Any of the paints, whether theirs or ours adds enough texture to knock the slick off them

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                  The bare carbon is pretty slick. Any of the paints, whether theirs or ours adds enough texture to knock the slick off them
                  Awesome, that makes it easy! Sorta... haha i like way to many of the combos.

One more quick question for ya. I know you touched on it a little earlier. Still torn on what to do. I wish I was more of an expert but I'm not.. I've tried to do as much reaserch as possible. One of the guns I'm going to order is a 300wm. Don't currently reload but may down the road. Plan to attempt to shoot factory Berger 215 which have a coal of 3.600. Not sure if that will fit in mag.. also could single feed those if they shoot amazing for longer range hunting. could get copper creek 215 which are 3.400. If those don't shoot will try something else. Hornady 212-200, nosler etc and those will be more Saami specs. So my question is would you keep with saami zero freebore or use the .187 reamer?
                  Thanks again for all the help!
                  Last edited by OSU Fisher; 02-08-2019, 10:52 PM. Reason: Addition.

Comment

Yep, that's where I'm headed - 257 or 280AI. Already have the 7mag locked down.

😎

Comment

Originally posted by cwbrown View Post
                      Planning on going with 7mm Mag, shooting Berger 180 VLD’s.

Would there be a barrel length and twist rate you reccomend?

Would the brake be cerokoted to match action?
                      I was wondering on barrel length and twist for the 7mm Mag also ?

Comment

Yep, that's where I'm headed - 257 or 280AI. Already have the 7mag locked down.

😎
                        Go 25prc. Probably would be the killer of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                          That's what I'm going to order. Robert told me 24"-26" 1-9 twist. He said it will cover the lights all the way to the heavy's with the 1-9. Hope this helps you out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Order just went down for my son:

Tier 1
                            6.5 PRC
                            1:7.5 twist
                            24"
                            Gill brake
                            Dark tungsten Cerakote
                            AG Composite's house camo pattern (like the ones on pg 1 of this thread) but dark gray/light gray

Spoiled brat...

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
                              That's what I'm going to order. Robert told me 24"-26" 1-9 twist. He said it will cover the lights all the way to the heavy's with the 1-9. Hope this helps you out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Did you go with the 24 or 26?
                              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                                I went 24" and 1:8 on the 7mag I had built for last year's TBH special and it works well. I get 2900 fps + with 175g ELDs and the high twist rate seems to have no effect on lighter bullets like 160 Accubonds.

Comment

Working...
                                X