Hill Country River Vacation Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not seeing much online for what I'm wanting. I'm looking for a cabin or whatever on a hill country river with some space to roam (acreage). I'm open to different rivers but definitely needs to be in the hill country and would be nice to bring my kayaks along. I want to take my son and his best friend to a place they can kick back and get plenty of river time before they both head off to college soon to play baseball.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 words: Garner State Park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
      3 words: Garner State Park

Yea, the Leakey area is our go to spot the past 10 years. The ranch we stay on is awesome but it's on the West Fork of Frio with no flow for Kayaks. Other spots I've looked on along the Frio near GSP are just a bit too crowded with what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        Yea, the Leakey area is our go to spot the past 10 years. The ranch we stay on is awesome but it's on the West Fork of Frio with no flow for Kayaks. Other spots I've looked on along the Frio near GSP are just a bit too crowded with what I'm looking for.

I’m no help but I wonder if anywhere on the Llano river has any type of good water flow

Comment

Check out Mo Ranch in Hunt. Nice campgrounds with some cabanas or primitive camping. Shallow caprock river area and deeper river with swimming area up by the main ranch.

Comment

If you want a hill country cabin "with room to roam"... GSP or the frio canyon ARE NOT where you want to be. They are awesome vacation spots and i go every year....but.... the room to roam part eliminates them.
            Do yourself a favor and look at FoxFire cabins on the Sabinal River. A very nice place, clean comfortable cabins, relitively secluded. We went a few years back and the cabin/house we rented was by itself, right on the river and sat on 6 acres by itself

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
              If you want a hill country cabin "with room to roam"... GSP or the frio canyon ARE NOT where you want to be. They are awesome vacation spots and i go every year....but.... the room to roam part eliminates them.
              Do yourself a favor and look at FoxFire cabins on the Sabinal River. A very nice place, clean comfortable cabins, relitively secluded. We went a few years back and the cabin/house we rented was by itself, right on the river and sat on 6 acres by itself

http://www.foxfirecabins.com/
              Yep. We've used them a couple times before also.

Comment

tag

Comment

tagged as well. the only river I have ever been to is the Comal and Guad. Looking for more destinations.

Comment

Gonna check out these cabins for sure

Comment

I know that Raye Carrington passed away but I think her b&b is still open on the Llano out side of Mason. My wife and I have stayed there a couple times through the years and it is very nice and of course the Llano is great. They will take you up river and you can float back down or float down and they will pick you up down stream.

Comment

Foxfire cabins look pretty nice, I'm definitely going to be checking them out

Comment

tag

Comment

If you want secluded, look into floating the Pecos. 4-6 day float with awesome fishing and spectacular scenery... No cabin obviously but fun times should abound. It's been a dry summer but some recent rains have a better flow going. I am not sure it's perfect/ideal time to float as it is blisters hot out here. If interested I can try and locate the outfitter that drivers folks around.

Comment

My family just finished building our cabin on the Sabinal River between Utopia and Vanderpool. We have been renting from Foxfire for 16 years and finally bought some property. My parents are renting the cabin out here is the link. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X