Liberal bias knows no bounds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberal bias knows no bounds...

Not posted in political forum because this was just interesting in general and can be discussed in a work format. Mods feel free to move.

Dont know how many other software guys we have, but our VP sends us a class we all have to take for AI, and about 10% was real AI stuff (scratching the surface of terminology) the rest was about how we shouldn't let AI learn biases.

Well yes correct, we want data to be correct. As it's possible to feed data in to models manipulate them. But biases is an automatic red flag, so I keep going.
    Every bias listed is a statistical fact or a phenomena of the data being used, like being upset that if a little girl searches for CEOs, they'll mostly find men (again, a limited dataset that statistically is small enough and less likely to diversify by nature of the exclusive definition of the data). Goes on to list how horrible this is, and how essentially we need to fudge the data until it matches what we want it to match, not what it really says. Even though that girl can also just search girl CEOs, etc.

This is the stuff that will slowly work it's way into technology like facial recognition, identifying threats, allowing/disallowing loans, etc..

I mention those things because they we are all case studies the class used where the factual statistics on huge data sets dont match the narrative they like, so they change the data. Ya know, because everything in the world might say that person really shouldn't be allowed to have a loan if they cant afford it, but we dont want that to be the case.

Didn't kill a deer this year, so these are my after season ramblings.

I'm dizzy

Comment

Programming any of the cognitive biases we all have into a general AI would be a very, very, very, bad thing.

Not sure how we could get around it though because everyone has them so I welcome our robot overlords.

Comment

It started long ago in the schools.....where it counts.

Comment

And that is why you can't trust much of what you see/read/hear online, plus what might show up in your mailbox.

Comment

Can you sum it all up in non-software terms for those of us who are interested in your experience...but don't understand it?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              Can you sum it all up in non-software terms for those of us who are interested in your experience...but don't understand it?
              I'll Try:
              If you don't like the outcome because it might demonstrate a perceived bias, feel free to manipulate the data to create the outcome you would like.

Was I close?
              Last edited by Billy Bad Bass; 01-10-2020, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                He basically said that AI (artificial intelligence) profiles just like everyone else does because he data doesn’t lie. But the data is being manipulated with false data so that there cannot be a bias conclusion that would be unfavorable for someone.

Comment

Data and statistics can always be manipulated to support an opinion or agenda

Comment

Did you know that 88.33 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                      He basically said that AI (artificial intelligence) profiles just like everyone else does because he data doesn’t lie. But the data is being manipulated with false data so that there cannot be a bias conclusion that would be unfavorable for someone.
                      Well that's some bull crap right there.

Comment

And this is what is happening to our children. They are rewriting history to fit the liberal narrative. Manipulate everything possible to get the outcome you desire and then sell it as fact and only post those "new" facts on line or where pertinent...through a source (google, facebook etc...) so there is no real fact checking available anymore. Only a falsehood that can not be disputed.
                        The Bible says in the end days the truth will be a lie and a lie will be called the truth. Here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                          Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                            Programming any of the cognitive biases we all have into a general AI would be a very, very, very, bad thing.

Not sure how we could get around it though because everyone has them so I welcome our robot overlords.
                            Very true, but theres a difference between statistical facts that people like to call a bias, versus making a biased assumption despite facts. One is a learned behavior, one is a fact.

For instance, whether you socially accept homosexual relationships, the fact remains that it is a scientifically unproductive/unsupported biological function. The capability for such a relationship has 0 percent capability of producing offspring or doing anything reproductively despite the usage of reproductive organs, thus rendering it factually unnatural. Just like we'd say a squirrel trying to eat something crazy like a car hood is unnatural and unproductive.

It would be cognitive bias to change that data or program in a bias that despite biological facts deems it just as biologically relevant.

There's a difference between a purposely engrained/programmed bias, versus a natural phenomena occurring in observational/recorded data that gets pointed out mathematically.

Actually that reminds me of another great point of interest in that same field. Statistically homosexual relationships correspond to individuals with higher suicide rates, depression, etc. Conditionally, statistically, without any bias, they are worse off. Cognitively (and somewhat scientifically as well) we can extrapolate based on facts that there are common reasons they experience a life with these symptoms and exhibit such behavior.
                            Last edited by Hooverfb; 01-10-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                              And this is what is happening to our children. They are rewriting history to fit the liberal narrative. Manipulate everything possible to get the outcome you desire and then sell it as fact and only post those "new" facts on line or where pertinent...through a source (google, facebook etc...) so there is no real fact checking available anymore. Only a falsehood that can not be disputed.
                              The Bible says in the end days the truth will be a lie and a lie will be called the truth. Here we are.
                              One of the more troubling things to me is the reliance on technology for information, but information is being short changed as everything becomes streamlined. For instance I wrote a paper on Hiram Bingham the 3rd, guy Indiana Jones is based on. Wrote all about his different trips, and things that happened on them. Now if you search, it's been condensed to he was an explorer, and he went on one main trip where he rediscovered Machu Picchu. Not in 10 pages of results do you find much about his other travels.

Comment

Working...
                              X