No announcement yet.

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich ....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As has been said on other threads you guys that can't eat fast food or spicy stuff without running to the bathroom are funny, for lack of a better word. It only happens to me if I go crazy super hot. Fire in the Hole wings at Pluckers come to mind but that is the next day. Nothing at Popeye's is hot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I really liked it. I prefer the spicey one. I would rather it than chickfila.

Comment

My son & I tried it. We liked it. It was a meatier helping piece of chicken with more crispy ness to it over CFA. I like CFA as well but I’d give the Popeyes a solid vote.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          No Popeyes or Canes near me. We have Chicken Express, it’s good.
          My favorite at Chicken E is the fish filets. We used to eat the chicken strips but now we have so many other options around where we live with multiple CFAs we just don’t frequent Chicken E. We’ve got one opening up in the big city of Whitehouse soon

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            They're all fast food and all of them are only a little above OK. They are just gut fillers till you can get some real food.
            It’s just a sandwich at a fast food restaurant. It won’t make you look younger, grow your hair back, or cure cancer. It’s a chicken sandwich! If you don’t like it don’t eat it.

I agree with both of these and I won't be back anytime soon!

I'll go to Babe's Chicken from now on when I want chicken!!

Comment

Honestly, it depends on the time of day around here. From 11am-1:30pm, the lines at Chik Fil A are at least 15 cars deep and into the roadway in a couple of places. I know they are fast but I am not going to wait for drive thru food, just a principle. I can drive 1/2 mile and pull right into Popeyes with 1-3 cars and get my sandwich. I like the spicy but the sauce has been irregular at my local stop, just too salty the last two trips?

The Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich at Whataburger is the definition of consistency around here. Always perfect and is another one of my favorites if eating inside or at home, just too messy for a car meal, lol.

I agree on the dark meat, I just can't do it. Too much sproingy $#*t in it for me. I even trim my boneless, skinless breasts down to get the cartlidge, rib meat, vein and tendon out before cooking. I just can't do the sproing in my chicken. If I run across any sproing or skin in gumbo, I am out. I just politely turn it away.

Comment

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich ....?

I’m a die hard Chick Fil A spicy chicken sandwich guy, but the Popeyes sandwich is pretty **** delicious. Bun is really good and the chicken is moist and crunchy. The pickles with the sauce they put on it really kicks it up a notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                  That’s nonsense lol. I love the spicy sandwhich there. I’ve had a couple that were crazy spicy. One that wasn’t as much as others but all have been really good. Never had the small meat, big bun problem either
                  Same here.I thought they were fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

I agree on the dark meat, I just can't do it. Too much sproingy $#*t in it for me. I even trim my boneless, skinless breasts down to get the cartlidge, rib meat, vein and tendon out before cooking. I just can't do the sproing in my chicken. If I run across any sproing or skin in gumbo, I am out. I just politely turn it away.
                    [emoji2357][emoji2357]

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                      Popeyes has turned to chit. Overpriced and usually burned to a crisp. Used to be better years ago. Chicken express is 10X better chicken strips than Popeyes. Haven
                      t got the guts to try a chicken samwich yet.

Popeyes doesn’t do strips well for some reason but their on the bone chicken is great.

Chicken E is pretty good but I prefer Cane’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Honestly, it depends on the time of day around here. From 11am-1:30pm, the lines at Chik Fil A are at least 15 cars deep and into the roadway in a couple of places. I know they are fast but I am not going to wait for drive thru food, just a principle. I can drive 1/2 mile and pull right into Popeyes with 1-3 cars and get my sandwich. I like the spicy but the sauce has been irregular at my local stop, just too salty the last two trips?

The Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich at Whataburger is the definition of consistency around here. Always perfect and is another one of my favorites if eating inside or at home, just too messy for a car meal, lol.

It usually takes longer at Popeyes with 2 cars in the drive thru than it does at CFA with 30 cars in the double lane drive thru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Popeye’s chiccy sammie is pretty good stuff

Not as good as the spicy chiccy sammie from CFA tho

I don’t understand the hate for BK - the whopper with cheese and no ketchup on it is still my favorite fast food burger. I do however understand that there are different calibers of BK restaurants. You can usually just look at building and tell if it’s worth a dang

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post

I don’t understand the hate for BK - the whopper with cheese and no ketchup on it is still my favorite fast food burger. I do however understand that there are different calibers of BK restaurants. You can usually just look at building and tell if it’s worth a dang
                            [emoji2357][emoji2357]

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post

I am not very brand loyal and not a picky eater.

Chili with/without beans? Who cares...

Gumbo with/without okra? Who cares or even toss in the beans from the chili...

But I used to like a Whopper or better yet, a mustard Whopper. In the last ten years I haven’t found a clean BK or one with competent workers. In short, I used to like them but now they suck.

Comment

Hubby and I tried both just to see what all the hype was about:

Chic fil a was terrible. Hubby got spicy, I got mild. The small pieces of chicken were dry and tasteless, the breading was soggy and the buns were smashed flat. We will never go back.

Popeye's was great. Hubby got spicy, I got mild. Both sandwiches had big moist/crunchy hunks of chicken, tasty buns, awesome pickles and sauce. We will definitely be going back.

I used to like Burger King but, had a bad experience that took a trip to the doctor and two months to get over.

Comment

Working...
                                X