No announcement yet.

Favorite Sporting Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve seen three longhorn baseball games at the Disch... two of them were super regional clinchers...

The last one I was with my oldest daughter (she never wants to do anything with me) so that’s probably my best memory!

Now she likes going to the Austin spurs games, and only wants me to go with her

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Baylor vs SMU 1986
      I'm curious. Why this one? I was on the sideline as a GA coach. I believe we (SMU) won it but we faded quickly after that as the word spread that we were about to be hit hard by the NCAA.

My favorite sporting event that I've attended was probably the 2014 Super Bowl a couple. I don't like attending big events but that was kinda neat.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        Are you sure?
        Sure.

Facts.

Not your wackass opinion.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Sure.

Facts.

Not your wackass opinion.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Nah. You’ve messed this thread up enough already.

Comment

Watching my old high school, Goldthwaite win their first state championship in football! Believe it was 1985.

Comment

Watching my son play in the Hawaii Bowl for the last game he ever played. (after a thousand others since he was a little kid). SMU put a beat down on loser Colin Kaepernick and Nevada in the first post season action for SMU since the death penalty.

Pic is of him taking the field for pregame for the last time. I've also got one of him leaving the field for the last time.

You parents that have attended, coached, supported, etc, thousands of games, practices, events over the course of your kids' careers can appreciate the emotions that are involved when it is OVER.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tyhawaiibowl.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	24608756

Comment

Still a fan of canoe paddlin.

Comment

I'm with Bullseye07 on this one. Aggies vs LSU in 7 overtimes.

Another memorable one was when the U.S. beat the Russians in Hockey back in the day. I'm not even a Hockey fan but that was great.

Comment

Been to most major events. NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, College FB, BB, Baseball, and Hockey, PGA, NASCAR. By the far the best event to attend live...NHL hands down. I've only been to playoff NBA so I can't speak to the intensity of the playoffs in other sports.

Comment

As far as bucket list type games I would say:

Tx-ou football game is up there with any sporting event whether you are a fan of either or not. Intense Rivalry w/ state pride on the line, 50-50 split in the stadium, State Fair, etc. I've been to 7 or 8.

CWS - I've never been but want to go. I wish I had gone to Rosenblatt when the Horns were winning it all. It is still on my to do list next time Texas goes back.

I can't think of any others I would want to attend except maybe the Masters and I'm not a golf fan.

As far as individual games I've been to, the following stick out
                      '95 ou football- the score ended up tied but I was ON the 50 yard line so everyone to my right was a Longhorn and everyone to my left was a sooner. Best game experience ever.

'95 aggy football- Ricky went off and we snapped the aggy win streak, etc. It was a great night to be at Kyle

Can't remember the year but it was around '92 Tx vs aggy baseball - Kiesh hit 2 off the 405 sign in left center off Granger that were absolute bombs. The stadium was rocking, great great game, etc.

Numerous Super Regional clinchers to go to Omaha for Texas

There are a few other Texas football games that come to mind like '99 Nebraska that jump out as well.
                      Last edited by cehorn; 02-18-2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

never got too excited about hockey until I went to a Kings game when I was living in LA. Live hockey is about as excited as it gets, love going to games. LSU tailgating is pretty great. Have been to a couple NBA playoff games and they were pretty good.

Bucket list sporting events are: Rugby (in IRE, NZ or AUS), Las Vegas 7s tournament, world series, Phoenix Open because I hear its a good time

Comment

the Rangers first playoff game back in 96 was cool.

The world series at the Ballpark was better.

Watching my daughter and the girls she grew up with win a state championship a couple years ago in volleyball was the best.

the top of my bucket list would be a Ryder Cup.

Comment

Many years ago the Pittsburgh Penguins and Detroit Redwings played at the old Summit. That awesome. My uncle took me to the California inaugural 500, what a site to see. Same uncle took me to the women’s beach volley ball championship in Huntington Beach. What a site

Comment

MLB - Any game. Preferably in Milwaukee.

Dirt Track Racing - Hands down the most exciting racing out there.

Comment

1985 & 1986 nfr

Comment

Working...
                                X