Ruger 57

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger 57

I just got my hands on one of the Ruger 57's and now waiting on ammo to arrive so that I can test drive it. I am well aware that it is just a supped up 22 Magnum but a 22 Mag is my favorite small game caliber. Over the years, I produced two episodes of calling fox and shooting the Ruger Single Nine on CARNIVORE. These episodes were extremely popular and sold quite a few of the extremely accurate wheel guns for Ruger.
    My plan is to employ the Ruger 57 for fox and if I think that it is up to the task, I want to try it on called up coyotes as well. I will keep you posted.
    Adios,
    Gary

Looking forward to your review

Comment

Curious, are you a dealer? Talked to one of our gun dealers locally and he said they are on the "wish list," but have not been able to get an order in yet?

Son has the FN 57 and loves it. Don't know about the 22 mag supped up comparison. Larger round and the velocity is very good? Oh well, time will tell but I would like to have one. Shot my son's FN and it was a blast, pun intended.

Comment

Gary is sponsored by Ruger

Comment

When I seen they were going to produce it, I wanted one. Shot a FN 57 and really enjoyed yet, but didn’t like the price. I will be watching for them to hit the stores.

Comment

It looks bad to the bone from the reviews! I think Ruger has produced another winner with this one. Approx half the cost of FN and milled for mini reflex! Looking forward to your review.

Comment

We need pics Gary!

pray for rain

Comment

They are in stock at a few places online.

Comment

I handled one at a gun show last week in Pasadena.
                  I mentioned it at one booth and that fella pointed me to another dealer who had it for sale.

They were asking $799

Looking forward to your review Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                    Curious, are you a dealer? Talked to one of our gun dealers locally and he said they are on the "wish list," but have not been able to get an order in yet?

Son has the FN 57 and loves it. Don't know about the 22 mag supped up comparison. Larger round and the velocity is very good? Oh well, time will tell but I would like to have one. Shot my son's FN and it was a blast, pun intended.

Other than being centerfire and a little faster that’s what they are, a souped up 22 mag. Both are 22 caliber and shoot 30-40 grain bullets in the 1500-1700 FPS range with the 5.7 having the slight edge and bullets with a little better design with the ability to penetrate lvl 3 soft armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes, I am a Brand Ambassador for Ruger. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to shoot this pistol for a couple of weeks. I am leaving early in the morning for a lion hunt in the Navajo Nation and then hurry back so that I can fly out to the Shot Show. I do think that it is going to be a lot of fun to shoot with limited hunting applications.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post

The 5.7 has about 300FPS on a 22 mag out of a pistol.

Comment

I’m waiting for a threaded barrel [emoji41]

Comment

I saw one at Reds yesterday. Very great feel and I an not avfan of plastic guns. They had it for $622

Comment

I ran about 40 rounds through mine yesterday after returning from AZ. I was impressed with the low recoil which should be expected and you definitely need hearing protection for paper punching.
                              I started out shooting at 40 yards off the hood of my pickup and found that point of impact was about 4" low and about 6" left. I decided to cut the distance to 20 yards and walk it over to zero. It took me approximately 20 rounds to fine tune as I walked it over slowly. Last 3 shot group was less than an inch and the last two were almost in the same hole. I did not move back to 40 yards and check as I decided to move to the river and see how big of a splash it created compared to my Ruger SR 22 and to no surprise, the difference was night and day. I shot the pistol with the stock iron sights and at this time don't plan to add the Trijicon RMR.
                              I was so impressed that I am planning to shoot a TV show with this pistol while calling fox. If it does as I expect, I will take it for bobcats as well. At this time, I am not as comfortable with it as I am with the Ruger Single Nine. I have called up and killed quite a few gray fox from 35-45 yards.
                              Sorry no photos as I was so intent on fine tuning this new weapon. I think that Ruger has a winner with this one.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X