No announcement yet.

NDA from Employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, I wouldnt sign that. But I wouldnt post it on the internet either! Good luck either way.

Comment

Sign it in crayon and send it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell them to hand you the contract, sign it & that you will be happy to write a $900k joke at anytime...

Comment

The way they worded it makes it sound like they are using liquidated damages as a form of punitive damages ie trying to punish breach vs recover cost. I would want to see how they determined that value exactly. I wouldn’t sign that without having a lawyer review it with you and discussing the exact situation that prompted this being put in front of you.

Comment

Seriously, your employer is likely involved in acquisition or merger discussions, and you may come across information that they don't want disclosed to keep from sinking the deal.

That's probably the reason, or they had someone recently who was flapping their gums.

The first rule of NDA is that we don't talk about the NDA.........

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              Seriously, your employer is likely involved in acquisition or merger discussions, and you may come across information that they don't want disclosed to keep from sinking the deal.

That's probably the reason, or they had someone recently who was flapping their gums.

The first rule of NDA is that we don't talk about the NDA.........
              Bingo. There is a good reason they are asking you to sign it and it's not to try to get 900k from you. They dont want you spreading internal knowledge to the public, including the NDA you posted.

Comment

As I understand it NDAs are not as strong in Texas as an employer wants you to think. I would pay an attorney a couple hundred to review it if I was worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
                  As I understand it NDAs are not as strong in Texas as an employer wants you to think. I would pay an attorney a couple hundred to review it if I was worried.
                  Your last sentence is good advice. Your first sentence is dead wrong. Non-Disclosure Agreements are absolutely enforceable in Texas. They're enforced everyday.

You may have been thinking of a Non-Compete Agreement, as it is commonly thought that they are not as enforceable in Texas because Texas is a "right to work" state. That too is dead wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I was leaning towards having a lawyer review it.

As for the joksters.... This isn't exactly the sensitive information they don't want me to share. If you can do something with the information I posted, then have at it.

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
                      Need to see more of the agreement to make an intelligent comment. Are you a shareholder or potential one? What happens if they fire you?
                      Definitely not posting the whole nda LOL.
                      Only posted the part I had an issue with.

Comment

I had a brain fart and was thinking it was a noncompete also, so my comments don’t necessarily apply.

Comment

Just signed an NDA and a few other things at work.

My attorney buddy told me to sign if they'll incentivize it or if they're going to fire me for not signing it otherwise don't sign on my own accord.

Guess which option I was given

Comment

Working...
                          X